I have a Toro lawnmower with a 6.75 Briggs & Stratton 190 cc motor on it and it continues to sputter when it is idle. I have changed everything

Paul’s Toro

Threads
  • / I have a Toro lawnmower with a 6.75 Briggs & Stratton 190 cc motor on it and it continues to sputter when it is idle. I have changed everything
I have a Toro lawnmower with a 6.75 190cc Briggs & Stratton motor on it that continues to sputter when idling. I have changed the oil, the spark plug, the air filter and the carburetor and it still sputters.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / I have a Toro lawnmower with a 6.75 Briggs & Stratton 190 cc motor on it and it continues to sputter when it is idle. I have changed everything
Without model and serial numbers for the mower and/or model, type and code numbers for the engine would help your cause greatly. Without them anyone who would reply is just shooting in the dark with a blind fold on. Techs on this site don’t work that way. You need to help us before we even have a chance to help you.

Paul’s Toro

Threads
Without model and serial numbers for the mower and/or model, type and code numbers for the engine would help your cause greatly. Without them anyone who would reply is just shooting in the dark with a blind fold on. Techs on this site don’t work that way. You need to help us before we even have a chance to help you.
The model is 20056
126T02-0209-B1

Paul’s Toro

Threads
I’m wondering if it can be a burnt valve?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now I’m even more confused. The engine on that mower is a constant full throttle, with no control to idle down the engine. I’m thinking he may have lost the governor control spring, which sets the governed top speed. Without it the gov will close the throttle, down to idle, which will cause the rough running condition.

Paul’s Toro

Threads
Now I’m even more confused. The engine on that mower is a constant full throttle, with no control to idle down the engine. I’m thinking he may have lost the governor control spring, which sets the governed top speed. Without it the gov will close the throttle, down to idle, which will cause the rough running condition.
sorry for the confusion, but she is idling at full throttle with a sputter.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you remove the air filter housing and take a few pictures of the carb and linkage. I think I know the cause, but would like to verify my assumption before trying to explain the remedy. If using your phone to take the pics, you’ll have to load the into a program to reduce their size before you will be allowed to attach them.

Paul’s Toro

Threads
unfortunately the picture I took won’t download
as you stated due to its size. Can you give me more recommendations.I appreciate your assistance