Hydrostatic Transmission Wont Purge!

Aaron.Dieringer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, so i have a MTD Huskee model # 14BS833H131 and the Trans pan has a slight leak. So every so often (maybe once a year or once every two) i would have to top off the trans oil. I used 20W50 and have had zero issues. Since im re doing my shed and the mower is in the garage i figured id address the issue. So i dropped the pan and replaced the gasket and put everything back together and filled with oil. Now the thing will not purge. I can not get it to move at all. Ive searched just about every thread out there and tried everything ive came across. What ive noticed is that if i put the motion control forward and pull the relief lever in and out quickly the wheels will start moving forward but as soon as i stop the wheels stop. Ive tried leaving the relief open and leaving motion control forward for a few seconds, then reverse for a few seconds, then pushing relief lever in and the wheels move forward for a second or two. Ive been at this for about 2 days now and have not made any progress. I have tons of money in this tractor as i like to keep things in working order and dont want to give up just yet and i cant quite justify spending a ton of money on a new throw away tractor. Not sure what has happened between now and 2 days ago when it was moving fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
To purge air from hydro raise rear tires off the ground and support with jack stands. Pull relief valve. Start engine and run in forward for 10 sec then reverse for 10 seconds. Do this 5 times total. Put release lever back in drive position. Repete procedidure as said before.

Check oil level first. Make sure it is full.

Aaron.Dieringer

Forum Newbie
Threads
To purge air from hydro raise rear tires off the ground and support with jack stands. Pull relief valve. Start engine and run in forward for 10 sec then reverse for 10 seconds. Do this 5 times total. Put release lever back in drive position. Repete procedidure as said before.

Check oil level first. Make sure it is full.

Yes i have tried that multiple times with no results. The thing worked beautifully before i dropped the pan. I dont understand what i could have done by dropping the trans pan. I even tried taking it back off and removing the filter in the thought that maybe it was clogged but still does not work.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look at this diagram of your trans axel and make sure everything is in place and you did not drop something.
MTD Huskee.jpg

Aaron.Dieringer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look at this diagram of your trans axel and make sure everything is in place and you did not drop something.
View attachment 32571

I have looked that over a lot over the weekend, as i was going to order new filter and o rings. However the only possible part that would be tampered with is #56. Its a round piece that holds the filter (#55) to the trans pan (51). But i messed with that quite a bit and it only seems to go on one way as you can see there is a piece #54 that bolts through the pan and into the round piece (56). I suspected this might be my problem as its the only piece inside the pan. But im 99.9% sure its in properly as it only goes in one way. Hopefully i was able to make that somewhat follow-able.