Hustler Raptor SD Discharge Trouble

flightco

Threads
Put 70 hours on it and the deck belt came off twice.
I find that most people that buy this mower Is the first ztr they have used.

Am I reading this correctly? You bought a residential mower and put 35 hours on it a week? Why would you buy a residential mower if you are going to put this many hours on it.

DK35vince

Threads
3 mowers with a loose bolt and that makes a bad mower...wow. I mean if 3 = 10% then what 100% = 30 that had loose bolts out of how many sold?

Ever had a loose lug nut? Did that make a bad car?

I would think dealer prep has more to do with loose bolts then it being a bad mower.
Its the bolts holding the drive motors on.
I've read multiple issues about it happening.
I know it happened to my neighbor Raptor SD.
The bolts for the drive motors came out and were falling off, and the top rear wheels were leaning in

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Am I reading this correctly? You bought a residential mower and put 35 hours on it a week? Why would you buy a residential mower if you are going to put this many hours on it.
Yes you read it right.
It's all about the money not showing off.
My mowers are 2011 toro SS5000 they cost $3000 new. One will turn 3000 hours next week.

3000 hours
X
A average of $50 per hour
= $150.000
Subtract the cost of the mower plus belts and blades and 4 sets of bearings this mower has still made over $140.000
I run 4 of them full time.
Have never had to replace a drive or a spindle. The decks are still good.
The engines still run like new.

Why spend $10.000 on a mower that cost more to operate. I do not have to buy hydro fluid or filters. Save $200 a month.
Don't have to replace a hydro hose.

I can sell any one of my Toro's today for half of what they cost new.
My $12.000 scag is setting in the back yard with its 3rd bad hydro pump at $650.00 with 1200 hours on it.

Blades my blades cost $38.00 a set not $60.00.
Deck belt $14.95
I put more money in my pocket.
My trimmers and edgers are also toro. You get them free with a mower.

I cut 98 foreclosed homes a week.
My second crew cuts 125 a week
I sub out around 300 a week.
So what I am doing must work.

flightco

Threads
Yes you read it right.
It's all about the money not showing off.
My mowers are 2011 toro SS5000 they cost $3000 new. One will turn 3000 hours next week.

3000 hours
X
A average of $50 per hour
= $150.000
Subtract the cost of the mower plus belts and blades and 4 sets of bearings this mower has still made over $140.000
I run 4 of them full time.
Have never had to replace a drive or a spindle. The decks are still good.
The engines still run like new.

Why spend $10.000 on a mower that cost more to operate. I do not have to buy hydro fluid or filters. Save $200 a month.
Don't have to replace a hydro hose.

I can sell any one of my Toro's today for half of what they cost new.
My $12.000 scag is setting in the back yard with its 3rd bad hydro pump at $650.00 with 1200 hours on it.

Blades my blades cost $38.00 a set not $60.00.
Deck belt $14.95
I put more money in my pocket.
My trimmers and edgers are also toro. You get them free with a mower.

I cut 98 foreclosed homes a week.
My second crew cuts 125 a week
I sub out around 300 a week.
So what I am doing must work.

I guess that all makes sense, I am not a professional mower so I just know I have heard on here many times about the difference between consumer and commercial duty but your experience speaks for it self. Next question, what prompts you to hang out in the Hustler section if you dislike them so much? Seems a little strange but you must be getting something out of it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess that all makes sense, I am not a professional mower so I just know I have heard on here many times about the difference between consumer and commercial duty but your experience speaks for it self. Next question, what prompts you to hang out in the Hustler section if you dislike them so much? Seems a little strange but you must be getting something out of it.

Everyone that comes on this forum thinks there are Hustler or Husqvarna or Snapper "people" to fix their mower for them .With the exception of Robert Honda(I have seen Robert answer a few non Honda problems too). We are all just people that like to help people fix their mowers. I answer questions in every forum on here.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I like hustler just not the raptor

kraky

Threads
Carscw..... didn't those toros come with Kawasaki engines standard equipment? Wow... the kaws made 3000 flawless hours!

RhettWS

Threads
I have only had discharge issues when the grass is very deep and wet. Even then I get about 1 good burp of a wad of grass that might fall out on the lawn and one falls out after I have parked it for cleaning. Invariably, this stuff hangs on the discharge side of the mower at that crazy corner. My grass actually needs to be cut twice a week now because it is growing so fast but, that is not going to happen. For the last couple of cuts I've removed well over half of the grass blades.

I couldn't be happier with the cut quality. I will probably add the G5 blades to help when the grass is very long. Some of the clippings are a little long and don't fall down in the cut grass. There are no windrows and the clippings are spread very evenly.

I've never had any grass hang up on the side opposite the discharge. Besides the silly opening in the deck which everyone has, I read once where the unit had the wrong sized pulley installed at the factory. As such the blade rpms were too slow.

Curious to hear what Northern finds out from his dealer.