Hustler Raptor SD Discharge Trouble

turboawd

Threads
Mowed the field yesterday, and it was nice and thick. Deck did not clog or get build up since I removed the triangle from the discharge chute. Very pleased with the way it throws and disperses. I wonder why Hustler has the triangle blocking the discharge? Using high lift blades, and the clippings shoot out 10 feet or so with no clumping. So for now, I won't cut off the bar across the discharge opening.

Rear tire has a leak in it. I can pump it up and mow for an hour, but by the next day the tire is completely flat. Must have picked up a nail or something. Took the rear wheel off and will fill up the kiddie pool tomorrow to find the leak and then take it to the local tire shop. Hopefully they can plug a mower tire.

Local Hustler dealer is having a free pancake breakfast tomorrow. Tempted to stop by, get breakfast and talk to them about the new SDX. Maybe even consider upgrading to the 60" Fastrak. Wonder what the trade in value is on my RSD with 30 hours. I'm sure I can't afford it!

just buy a gallon of slime and fill the tires and never worry about leaks again.

supposedly the sdx costs 700 to 800 more than the sd.

577jersey

Threads
Glad its working better for you brother!!

I would just patch the hole from the inside,alot better than a plug...or just make sure you find the sharp object,remove it,and tube it :)

Or Slime it,,thats stuff works great too!! Especially with a slow leak like you have :)

Yeah Exel is really messed up company,they charge all that $$ more and you don’t get much at all.Just like the Badboy line up,they are Raptors,painted red with lights and a softer seat for $800 more they can keep it!!!!

akcooper9

Threads
I've been meaning to post this for a while now but here is a picture of my version of the shoot mod. Works like a champ.

2017-05-12%2019.13.02_zpsw91nb1e5.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-05-12 19.13.02.jpg
    2017-05-12 19.13.02.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 12

577jersey

Threads
Thats exactly what I did to mine except I cut the bottom bar off too,works really good!

No more clogs,still drops clumps when it wet but if you keep the deflector down it breaks them up as it rolls them across the lawn.

Lovin the belt cover mod BTW :)

577jersey

Threads
No problem bro,Its alot better than taking them all the way off cause you still get protection plus you have the cosmetic look which I really like.
Looks like you did a little welding on the baffle there..Ill have to take a pic of mine and show you guys how i cut it..I may eventually just cut it all the way back to the end of the deck like it should be.

akcooper9

Threads
No problem bro,Its alot better than taking them all the way off cause you still get protection plus you have the cosmetic look which I really like.
Looks like you did a little welding on the baffle there..Ill have to take a pic of mine and show you guys how i cut it..I may eventually just cut it all the way back to the end of the deck like it should be.

Yes, I cut it square and bent the extra back and then welded it. Stock, I could clog the deck mowing wet grass. Now, I cant stick it if I tried.

The deck covers are important to me as I have little ones that climb all over the mower!

mhavanti

Threads
Was thinking of this the other day and figured rather than cut the stiffening bar from the front to rear and leave it out. I may take it off, lay it flat, weld it back on and then grind the inside top of the bar down to a 45 degree angle and then if and when I run the deck into a solid object as hard as I can, it should keep the front of the deck away from the blade tip. I can't see any reason to have the bar totally gone no more clippings than it can possibly catch.

I may run it without the bar before I weld it back in if I end up doing this modification.

I started a modifications photo folder in the Hustler Turf Equipment Customer Reviews and Issues in Facebook. Anything y'all mod, shoot me a pic or a bunch of pics and I'll post them over there and give you credit for them.

Try to do before and after shots if you will.

Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out. https://www.facebook.com/HustlerZeroTurn/

Oh by the way, that page has managed to help several folks get replacement units and warranty work even though some have been outside the warranty period. So, something good coming from it.

Run by and leave a review for your Hustlers.

akcooper9

Threads
Was thinking of this the other day and figured rather than cut the stiffening bar from the front to rear and leave it out. I may take it off, lay it flat, weld it back on and then grind the inside top of the bar down to a 45 degree angle and then if and when I run the deck into a solid object as hard as I can, it should keep the front of the deck away from the blade tip. I can't see any reason to have the bar totally gone no more clippings than it can possibly catch.

I may run it without the bar before I weld it back in if I end up doing this modification.

I started a modifications photo folder in the Hustler Turf Equipment Customer Reviews and Issues in Facebook. Anything y'all mod, shoot me a pic or a bunch of pics and I'll post them over there and give you credit for them.

Try to do before and after shots if you will.

Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out. https://www.facebook.com/HustlerZeroTurn/

Oh by the way, that page has managed to help several folks get replacement units and warranty work even though some have been outside the warranty period. So, something good coming from it.

Run by and leave a review for your Hustlers.

I catch nothing on the lower bar in my picture. I wouldn't waste the time to cut it out.

577jersey

Threads
My bar is cut all the way off and I been mowing for 2 weeks now no issues,if your hitting the deck on stuff your cutting too low IMO :)
There is always a chance for that tree stump,root,or rock to find it but so far so good..Im very careful and well aware of my surroundings.