Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Rms59

Threads
Just to clarify, the tractor and bagger system are only two years old and the chutes are unobstructed. I just ordered a set of blades from Oregon Parts that have a different design and will replace the stock blade. They have a claimed "air lift" of 1-1/4 inches (whatever that means). Hopefully I can try them out before winter hits.

Rms59

Threads
Just to clarify, the tractor and bagger system are only two years old and the chutes are unobstructed. I just ordered a set of blades from Oregon Parts that have a different design and will replace the stock blade. They have a claimed "air lift" of 1-1/4 inches (whatever that means). Hopefully I can try them out before winter hits.

Well, since it was 40 degrees and snow melted away, I put on the new blades that have the higher lift and picked up the remainder of the leaves. I notice very little improvement. Air still blows out the left side of the deck (though not as much now) which blows the leaves away instead of sucking them in. I put the tractor away for the winter and removed the battery so I'll have to wait till spring to take off the deck and see what's so different from my Craftsman which doesn't have that problem.
IMG_6088.jpg

phcaan

Threads
Well, since it was 40 degrees and snow melted away, I put on the new blades that have the higher lift and picked up the remainder of the leaves. I notice very little improvement. Air still blows out the left side of the deck (though not as much now) which blows the leaves away instead of sucking them in. I put the tractor away for the winter and removed the battery so I'll have to wait till spring to take off the deck and see what's so different from my Craftsman which doesn't have that problem.
View attachment 24458

I don't have any answers for you. I have a 2011 Husqvarna with a fabricated 54" deck. I have read that my machine does not do well with the bagger attachment, and I have never tried to use one. If I do ever want to try a bagger I think I will purchase one of those from DR that have their own engine to provide suction and chopping of the leaves. Good luck with your problem.

Rms59

Threads
I don't have any answers for you. I have a 2011 Husqvarna with a fabricated 54" deck. I have read that my machine does not do well with the bagger attachment, and I have never tried to use one. If I do ever want to try a bagger I think I will purchase one of those from DR that have their own engine to provide suction and chopping of the leaves. Good luck with your problem.

Thanks. One thing I want to mention is that the Husqvarna bagger attachment which includes everything from the lower chute, top chute, bagger housing, and containers, are identical to the Craftsman that sucked up everything. When the Craftsman blew up, I dumped the tractor but kept the bagger for spare parts. There both the same.

In the spring I'll compare the craftsman deck (from my brothers tractor which was like my old one) to the Husqvarna deck to see if there is a fundamental difference in the deck airflow design of the two, or whether the blade rpm is different.

Richard.

barnabas131

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone have experience with the husqvarna 46" riding mower with 20hp kohler and getting the deck up high enough to get it to cut at 3.5-4"???

Its on 6 height setting and is only at 3" height its driving me nuts.

phcaan

Threads
Anyone have experience with the husqvarna 46" riding mower with 20hp kohler and getting the deck up high enough to get it to cut at 3.5-4"???

Its on 6 height setting and is only at 3" height its driving me nuts.

I have a 54" riding mower and it does not cut the depth that is printed on the height slots. I just use what ever adjustment that get the cut I want. Mine has 3.5" as the highest cut and I don't think it actually cuts that high. I have no idea how you could raise the maximum cut as on my machine when it is in the highest position the deck hits the frame.

barnabas131

Forum Newbie
Threads
Id like at least 3.5 height i may have to go to taller tires if i cant get it adjusted high enough

malccamp1947

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, my name is Malcolm and I live in Prosper Texas which is north of Dallas. I own a Husqvarna Zero Turn Z4822 23hp Briggs and Stratton that I bought about 2years ago. I had to do quite a bit of work on the mower...replacing missing bolts, broken deck rods, battery, blades. You get the picture. This mower has truly been a great piece of equipment. I highly recommend the Husqvarna brand. I sincerely hope this forum can give me the repair advice that I need.