Export thread

Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

M

Muhammad

GREETINGS to all Husqvarna (aka "Husky") mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Husqvarna owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Husqvarna mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Husqvarna stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

colakim

colakim

Husqvarna owner check in

After reading the thread i proubartly have to check in.
Well my name is Kim, livning in Denmark , i own a Husqvarna LTH 152 year 2006 15HP kohler.
Im ready to help in anyway i can :)

K

KennyV

Re: Husqvarna owner check in

After reading the thread i proubartly have to check in.
Well my name is Kim, livning in Denmark , i own a Husqvarna LTH 152 year 2006 15HP kohler.
Im ready to help in anyway i can :)

Hello Kim ... good to have someone from Denmark with a Kohler powered mower with us.
post back often. What kind of weather are you having there? :smile:KennyV

colakim

colakim

Hey kenny : Well in denmark we have something like a icewinter they call it , we have had the coldest day in 23 year. And that kinda suck's because i rather have snow than ice. So im looking forward to summer and warm so i can test my new bought husqvarna :)

K

KennyV

... rather have snow than ice.
... looking forward to summer and warm so i can test my new bought husqvarna :)

Snow is always better than ice, unless it's in a drink.

And I'm right there with you looking forward to some summer, I've already had too much of this cold. :smile:KennyV

Wayne195

Wayne195

Snow is always better than ice, unless it's in a drink.

And I'm right there with you looking forward to some summer, I've already had too much of this cold. :smile:KennyV

As for me, I can enjoy winter; that is with the exeption of ice. I guess I haven't gotten my share of cold yet. I generally like winter, but by the end I too look forward to seeing something green again!

I

irbylawn

I am new here. I have a Husqvarna EZ4824 ZTR. So far I love it. Looking forward to being a part on here.

J

Jaylyn

Hi to everyone from the Pacific NW!
Just joined, I have a GTH2448T 24HP, 48" mowing deck that I bought in 2006. She's a little workhorse. In August I decided to do the maintenance myself. It actually was fun as I had never done it myself before. That mght not seem like much to many of you, but as a woman who has never been allowed to touch anything in the barn - tools or equipment, it was a good learning experience and gave me the confidence to do it on the other equpment.

The one thing the manual doesn't tell you is that the Change Oil light doesn't go off right away after changing the oil. It took about an hour of use on it before the light went off.

I'm looking forward to the exchange of information with other owners.
Regards,
Jaylyn

K

KennyV

Hi to everyone from the Pacific NW!
J
The one thing the manual doesn't tell you is that the Change Oil light doesn't go off right away after changing the oil. It took about an hour of use on it before the light went off.

It's good to have another new member and it is especially great to have a lady about who is not afraid to try new things... Welcome to This Fun Lawn Mower Forum...

The maintenance reminder light will flash for around 2 hours and looks like it auto resets... and assumes you have preformed the needed scheduled maintenance... :smile:KennyV

J

Jaylyn

It's good to have another new member and it is especially great to have a lady about who is not afraid to try new things... Welcome to This Fun Lawn Mower Forum...

The maintenance reminder light will flash for around 2 hours and looks like it auto resets... and assumes you have preformed the needed scheduled maintenance... :smile:KennyV

Thank you Kenny!! I am rurual and have one neighbor, a 70 yr old gentleman, who lets me pick his brain. He told me before putting the oil filter on to gently oil the gasket or it wouldn't seal. Another little but big thing the manuals don't tell you either.

I know as spring approaches I will have many questions for the group.:smile:
Thanx again!
Jaylyn

J

jim1fun1

I'm Jim,
Don't have anything much to say, just logging in on the page. I bought my Huskie last year and it replaced a very old Sears with a cast iron tranaxle and a Onan twin cylinder engine. So far the Huskie has surprised everyone. Although it doesn't have the lawn tractor rear tires, it's one model below, it still pulls admireably and mowes much better than my old sears. It's also my easier to control. I do need to build something to extend the hitch out past the rear tires so when I pull my leaf vac it can turn sharper, but that will be it for modifications.

M

Muhammad

I'm Jim,
Don't have anything much to say, just logging in on the page. I bought my Huskie last year and it replaced a very old Sears with a cast iron tranaxle and a Onan twin cylinder engine. So far the Huskie has surprised everyone. Although it doesn't have the lawn tractor rear tires, it's one model below, it still pulls admireably and mowes much better than my old sears. It's also my easier to control. I do need to build something to extend the hitch out past the rear tires so when I pull my leaf vac it can turn sharper, but that will be it for modifications.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to join... which model Huskie do you own?

F

fredr

Howdy from East Texas!

Got a LGT2654 in 2008. A bit of overkill since I should have gotten something a bit narrower. She is used more for property cleanup dragging a a small trailer than cutting grass. The front yard is a bit rough so I leave the heavy stuff to the Kubota L3400. Its orange too!

H

Happyguy34

Getting ready for cutting grass!!! Have a Husqvarna YTH2348.............
Have recently noticed that it does not go as fast as it use to...like a belt or clutch pulley etc is slipping some...........any ideas??? Thanks, Jim

David Lipeles

I have a Husqvarna 702 1RD rear wheel that pulled up hills on my lot really well. However, at the end of the summer it was slipping and not pulling as well. Any advice for this season?

dodgermman

dodgermman

Hey guys im new just bought a husqvarna yth21k46 love it love the way it looks built great and i love the vent holes and hood scoop and the steering wheel i got a 21 kohler courage hyrdo tranny with foot pedals everything is greatttt but one problem not problem but apparently when i drove it at half idle it was fine:smile: but then i brought it to full throttle then drove it for 1 min then it started smoking under the tractor apparently the deck belt is sometimes catching and rubbing only on full throttle paint started to come of the pulley :eek: but im thinking since its brand new never driven the belt needs to be stretched no big deal let me know thx

P

Pete321

Hi to everyone,

I am hoping somene has an older Husqvarna self-propelled mower. Mine is an H56srqc and is about 18 years old. Since the engine is still good I'd thought I'd clean it up. Now, because I'm not that bright, I can't remember where everything goes. Does anyone have a pic of how the controls on the handle fit. I can't seem to figure out how the traction control fits back on. There's a few pictures in my album of the problem.

thanks very much,

Pete

P

Pete321

Hi to everyone,

I am hoping somene has an older Husqvarna self-propelled mower. Mine is an H56srqc and is about 18 years old. Since the engine is still good I'd thought I'd clean it up. Now, because I'm not that bright, I can't remember where everything goes. Does anyone have a pic of how the controls on the handle fit. I can't seem to figure out how the traction control fits back on. There's a few pictures in my album of the problem.

thanks very much,

Pete
Hi all, I did figure it out and get it working. I finally found a pic of the drive belt mechanism and found i had routed the belt incorrectly. all seems welll now, except for the carburator but that shouldn't be a problem as it is a Briggs and there's lots of info on them.

take care.

L

lynnreichert

I look forward to being a part of this forum. I have an 80 acre horse farm in Kentucky and have retired in this beautiful state. I have 6 riding mowers. I have a 2011 Craftsman 54' with the Briggs 26 hp engine, 2007 Husqvarna 2348 with a 48 inch cut and a Briggs 23 hp engine, a
Husqvarna 150 with a 42 inch cut and an 15 hp. engine, a Craftsman with a 42 inch cut and an 18 hp engine. I also have 2 vintage collectable riding mowers: I have a 1974 John Deere 57 with a 7 hp engine and a 36 inch cut. I also have a 1978 Simplicity Cavalier with a 10 hp engine and a 32 inch cut.

I try to do as much work on my own mowers as possible. Any help that I can get from this forum will be appreciated.

P

Pete321

that's quite a collection of mowers. hope you enjoy the forum

Pete

L

lucky

New owner to a RZ 4824 F , Zero Turn Mower

I have been looking over zero turn mower , for the last two years . :smile: I just purchase a Husqvarna RZ4824F model . Once I started getting use to opertaing the mower , it was like riding on the till-willer at the fair . The handling was super , to steer. The time it took to cut the lawn ( 2 1/2 acres ) little over 1 hour . :thumbsup: So I'am proud to say if your looking at zero turn mower get it done , I should of bought mine two years ago . Better late then never :biggrin:

H

hoehappa

grettings all, new here and to husqvarna!! I thougt thusky was like murray class because the big box stores had them. Friends i was WRONG. I went to the dealer that i bought my scag zero turn from several years ago when i used to cut for a living and he showed me the husky YTH 23V42 LS with the fabricated deck and BS VANGUARD PROFESSIONAL POWER engine I had to have it that day!! $2500.oo drive out . Thats not much more than the tin foil stuff at the big box stores. I'm as happy with it as a pig is in slop. It's probably overkill for my one acre lot however our house in in pasture land in north carolina. I don't intend to be a brand basher I like decent quality machines.

T

Tater

Hi, my user name is Tater and I fall into the 1-5 acre group, don't do commercial mowing but do mow a neighbors yard (3/4 acre) occasionally
Well I guess you can say I am now a (1st time) Husqvarna owner... My 89 mod. Wheel Horse 724Z 60" w/24 HP Onan engine is getting some age on it so I decided to buy a new mower, although its been a good one... I bought the Husky 61" w/28 HPP B&S although I am not a big fan of the B&S engines, I liked the fact that it had the larger tires ( low soft land) and grease fittings where needed, better pumps, and on driving felt more like my old mower, the other choice (Gravely) in the price range I wanted felt too hard & sensitive on the sticks for me, although it may have limbered up... I wanted a kinda light mower but with a fairly heavy (11-7 ga.) welded deck, I didn't need the heaviest frame work as I won't be doing much hauling it around, hopefully... I'm keeping the old mower for the rougher jobs, and to spread seed and ferterlizer etc. ... I got $100 off the $4,999 due to the mower being on hand for 3-4 mos., and am having tubes put in the tires, it's due to picked up next week...
So, I'll know more after I have used it a while...lol...
Have a good one...Tater...

V

VUTEk_5300

hello I am a new member seeking some advice . My mower is the w4814 Commercial series. good to see lots of other Husqvarna owers out there. Look forward to getting some feed back and hopefully solve my problem

jmurray01

jmurray01

I have a Husqvarna, and mine is called Hussy :laughing:

It is a 2011 Huskvarna Sovereign SV40S Walk Behind Lawn Mower with a Briggs & Stratton CLASSIC XC35 - But you would already know that from my signature!

Z

z281982

Hello, Just purchased a Husky ZTR RZ5424. Only used it once so far and love it. This is now the sixth day of rain. Can't wait to cut again.

C

Clarkie

Just checking in,I have a husky ztr 4824.I've had it now for ohh maybe 4 yrs,mow about 5 to 6 acres weekly including a barnlot.Probably should have gotten a larger more rugged mower,but it takes a beating and hangs in there like a trooper.I would love to get a larger more commsexism size husky,but if it ain't broke don't fix it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

J

jaymallin

New to the site - Minnesota, Twin Cities area. 3 acres, mostly wooded and my LGT26V54 is a trooper!
I use a Swisher lawn Vac trailer and a 42" Snowblower for year-round use.

Just tuned the motor and replaced the starter. Will be replacing the seat and re-painting the bottom this spring. Previous owner was a bit rough on the body...Husqy.jpg

K

KennyV

WELCOME to LMF... jaymallin
Those vac trailers are great, nothing better for leaves and chopping clippings for mulch ... :smile:KennyV

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

New to the site - Minnesota, Twin Cities area. 3 acres, mostly wooded and my LGT26V54 is a trooper!

Just tuned the motor and replaced the starter. Will be replacing the seat and re-painting the bottom this spring. Previous owner was a bit rough on the body...View attachment 12231

Welcome to LawnMowerForum, jaymallin!
That is a really nice setup you have there! :thumbsup:

H

Hamman

Re: Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- Read Thi

I got a YTH2042 TD 3 years ago and had very little trouble but as it gets older I suspect I might need some help.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Re: Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- Read Thi

I got a YTH2042 TD 3 years ago and had very little trouble but as it gets older I suspect I might need some help.

Well you came to the right place! :cool: Welcome to LawnWorld! :welcome:

lonestarjeff

lonestarjeff

I have been mowing for the last 15 years w/ my late-'90's Dixon 4223. It has been a great mower for my 2.5 acre yard & never given me cause to complain until the last couple. I have no right to complain though, considering the service it's given me. It has the original 14hp single cylinder B&S Vanguard engine. Only problem I've had w/ the engine was the compression relief stopped working, so the electric start needs help to kick it over. Only thing I've ever had to change on the engine is plug, air & oil filter, & the electric starter. The old Z-drive mechanical transmission lasted until about 5 years ago, so I changed the cups & cones one year then the small drive sprockets the next. Everything else on the mower is original...even the tires(2 of which I have to air up every time I use it :laughing:

Now that I've lovingly described the old Dixon let me say I've decided to retire it. :ashamed: I've wanted something w/ a bit wider cut for some time, but couldn't justify it w/ the old girl doing such a good job w/ no break-downs. I can tell she is at that point of needing something done just about every season, so I've decided to bite the bullet & order a new Husky. I'm leaning toward the MZ-5424S w/ Kawasaki engine.

I'll make some pics of the old Dixon & of the MZ when it arrives & post them.

Jeff

T

Tseg

Hi. Just bought my first Husqvarna - 7021P 2013 model and have been playing around with it for a week. I have a small yard and was actually considering getting the top of the line Fiskers reel mower. What was I thinking? Actually placed an online order for it then cancelled.

I hope to get years of wonderful service from the 7021P. Starts on the first pull so off to a good start. Observations on 2013 model vs. prior year model:

• Comes with real mulcher blade with the deep serations at each end
  • Does not have crossbar half way up handle and they threw in some nuts and bolts to secure handle near base - seems sturdy anyway
  • Has nice durable rubber handles on safety bar - should prevent finger pinching - nice thick quality comfortable grip
  • Rear wheels no longer have real tri-spokes, just indents to make it look like spokes
Other than that, looks like it is the same. My grass is still fairly dormant so no real assessment how it actually performs. Based off reviews the Honda engine is rock-solid and as long as the wheels didn't get bent/damaged during shipment (mine did not), it should be a long term quality machine. I look forward to reading these forums... any particular mulching tips/tricks? I read an article that the DuPont estate now even mulch-mows their Fall leaves... looks a bit crappy in the Fall but supposedly all is decomposed by the Spring. I'm coming from a 12 year old electric Cub Cadet mower that just did not have enough power and RPM to mulch effectively, despite its original claims. The breaker on the mower tripped every 10 minutes for the last 4 years so finally got tired of having to take a 5 minute break every 10 minutes to let it cool. Things hopefully will go much smoother and quicker now.

smcgill

smcgill

Day late dollar short!

I'm a little late saying hello! Hello :giggle:
I'm from mass!
I just saw this and figured I should respond.
I have a Husky YTH1848XP, with bagger.
I mow 1 acre , sort of flat and tow a small trailer for fire wood , mulch etc.
I've replaced the oem carb (to much money for new) with and older model.
I've also installed tubes in all my tires! Learned about hydro trans in process ( don't ask )
Unit works great.
I do find this forum very usefull!
Thanks
sean

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I have been mowing for the last 15 years w/ my late-'90's Dixon 4223. It has been a great mower for my 2.5 acre yard & never given me cause to complain until the last couple. I have no right to complain though, considering the service it's given me. It has the original 14hp single cylinder B&S Vanguard engine. Only problem I've had w/ the engine was the compression relief stopped working, so the electric start needs help to kick it over. Only thing I've ever had to change on the engine is plug, air & oil filter, & the electric starter. The old Z-drive mechanical transmission lasted until about 5 years ago, so I changed the cups & cones one year then the small drive sprockets the next. Everything else on the mower is original...even the tires(2 of which I have to air up every time I use it :laughing:

Now that I've lovingly described the old Dixon let me say I've decided to retire it. :ashamed: I've wanted something w/ a bit wider cut for some time, but couldn't justify it w/ the old girl doing such a good job w/ no break-downs. I can tell she is at that point of needing something done just about every season, so I've decided to bite the bullet & order a new Husky. I'm leaning toward the MZ-5424S w/ Kawasaki engine.

I'll make some pics of the old Dixon & of the MZ when it arrives & post them.

Jeff

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld....can't wait to see some pictures! :thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi. Just bought my first Husqvarna - 7021P 2013 model and have been playing around with it for a week. I have a small yard and was actually considering getting the top of the line Fiskers reel mower. What was I thinking? Actually placed an online order for it then cancelled.

I hope to get years of wonderful service from the 7021P. Starts on the first pull so off to a good start. Observations on 2013 model vs. prior year model:

• Comes with real mulcher blade with the deep serations at each end
  • Does not have crossbar half way up handle and they threw in some nuts and bolts to secure handle near base - seems sturdy anyway
  • Has nice durable rubber handles on safety bar - should prevent finger pinching - nice thick quality comfortable grip
  • Rear wheels no longer have real tri-spokes, just indents to make it look like spokes
Other than that, looks like it is the same. My grass is still fairly dormant so no real assessment how it actually performs. Based off reviews the Honda engine is rock-solid and as long as the wheels didn't get bent/damaged during shipment (mine did not), it should be a long term quality machine. I look forward to reading these forums... any particular mulching tips/tricks? I read an article that the DuPont estate now even mulch-mows their Fall leaves... looks a bit crappy in the Fall but supposedly all is decomposed by the Spring. I'm coming from a 12 year old electric Cub Cadet mower that just did not have enough power and RPM to mulch effectively, despite its original claims. The breaker on the mower tripped every 10 minutes for the last 4 years so finally got tired of having to take a 5 minute break every 10 minutes to let it cool. Things hopefully will go much smoother and quicker now.

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld! I hope you get many years out of your mower...and I like how it has the Honda engine! :thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Re: Day late dollar short!

I'm a little late saying hello! Hello :giggle:
I'm from mass!
I just saw this and figured I should respond.
I have a Husky YTH1848XP, with bagger.
I mow 1 acre , sort of flat and tow a small trailer for fire wood , mulch etc.
I've replaced the oem carb (to much money for new) with and older model.
I've also installed tubes in all my tires! Learned about hydro trans in process ( don't ask )
Unit works great.
I do find this forum very usefull!
Thanks
sean

:welcome: Welcome to the forum! :smile:

TnHusky

TnHusky

Welcome to all the new guys, I was once all alone and lost in the lawnmower world, then on a whim I clicked Google and here it was. The Lawn Mower Forum of course :thumbsup: What else would I be talking about. You guys will like this place, plenty of stuff here. Post pictures when you can, thanks.

D

DucST4

Hello from Georgia. Just checking in. I have a 4 acre lot and cut maybe 2-3 acres. I purchased a RZ5424 w/Kaw engine last year. I was shoping for a 48" but the dealer had some 2011 mowers and was wanting to move them. Great mower, handles my slightly sloping lot with ease. It reduced my seat time from 5-6 cd's to 2-3 cd's. This is a good forum, friendly and good info.

bigjay282

bigjay282

hey guys im new to the forum and extremely new to lawn care. im a first time home owner and have a little less than an acre of property. i just purchased a husqvarna yth24v42 lawn tractor,should have it delivered in a few days and cant wait to put it to work. i am looking forward to learning from all who care to share as i am a NOVICE,lol

D

djm156

Hi, my name is Dave, I'm a Lawn Care Professional in New Jersey and I use a WHT3615 Hydraulic Walk Behind in my business. I love it but can't really compare it to anything else since it's all i have ever used. It is a 2004 model with 700 hrs on it. I maintain it myself, change the oil and filter every 100 hours, grease it weekly, sharpen the 5 sets of blades weekly and change them daily. I bought it used a couple of years ago with 400 hrs from a homeowner who used it to cut his and a neighbors lawn.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi, my name is Dave, I'm a Lawn Care Professional in New Jersey and I use a WHT3615 Hydraulic Walk Behind in my business. I love it but can't really compare it to anything else since it's all i have ever used. It is a 2004 model with 700 hrs on it. I maintain it myself, change the oil and filter every 100 hours, grease it weekly, sharpen the 5 sets of blades weekly and change them daily. I bought it used a couple of years ago with 400 hrs from a homeowner who used it to cut his and a neighbors lawn.

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld! We would love to see pictures of your machine and any other equipment you have! :thumbsup:

T

tomnan24

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld! We would love to see pictures of your machine and any other equipment you have! :thumbsup:
Hi, my name is Tom. I live in NE Ohio close to Football HOF. I just bought a MZ6128 Zero Turn after about 18 years with a cub cader 1863 54" tractor. I have 4.35 acres with a slight grade and a few slopes. I have used it once and almost killed it before I even turned on the blades, but it's OK. I paid $4999 for a brand new 2012 model.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi, my name is Tom. I live in NE Ohio close to Football HOF. I just bought a MZ6128 Zero Turn after about 18 years with a cub cader 1863 54" tractor. I have 4.35 acres with a slight grade and a few slopes. I have used it once and almost killed it before I even turned on the blades, but it's OK. I paid $4999 for a brand new 2012 model.

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld...nice mower! :thumbsup:

T

Tractor-Man

Hi. My name is Scott and new to this thread. I live in eastern Washington state and recently purchased a new Husky GT52LXS after my two old mowers (Signature 2000 and Craftsman) went belly-up the same weekend. I have about 6-7 acres of grass and weeds, pine cones, sticks, and sometimes a few rocks that I mow, not my lawn, and need a heavy duty machine to take care of it. I've only mowed with this machine a couple of times and it can sure chew through the tall creek grass. Really nice machine. I have noticed an odd thing with the forward pedal though and am wondering if it is typical. This model has a Hydro Gear transmission and a limited slip diffrential. Every so often when I'm mowing slowly and turning a corner on uneven ground, the forward pedal will move by itself slightly. It doesn't seem to affect the forward motion but it feels odd under my right foot. Is this typical because of the transmission and / or diffrential or might this be a problem? I have read in the owners manual that there is a purge process for the transmission but I haven't performed it to this point. Anyway, new to Husky and like this forum.

D

dass

I've had my YT 48XLS for a couple of weeks now,and the first one I have had with a locker.Works very well.No more spin marks ! No more sitting on the side of the seat for traction !( I'm getting too old for that stuff ).

V

valkyrie

Hello everyone. I'm Vic. Bought a new Husqvarna LGT26K54 mower over the weekend. Haven't put it into service yet but looks like a great machine. I had a Cub Cadet 50" mower before this with the same Kohler engine (26hp) as my new Husky has. The Cub Cadet served me well but required frequent repairs which I always did. My Cub Cadet had exactly 300 hours of service before one of the steering linkages fell off and I decided to give it to one of the local landscape guys here. Anyway, glad to find this forum and looking forward to putting my new Husky into service on my 3 acres.

T

Tater

Hi Tom...
Not suggesting you need to do this, just referring you to what I did to my MZ6128, and what I think is some weak points in the traction and too light brackets on the deck wheels... http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/husqvarna-dixon-forum/7623-traction-3.html#post75120
It did improve mine for the way I mow, I was getting too much wheel slippage in turns and having trouble with the deck wheel brackets bending when going over tree roots as I mowed fairly close around my trees...
Have a good one...Tater...

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

Hello from South Georgia. I am new to the forum and a new Husqvarna owner. My wife inherited her father's rural home, larger more rugged yard than I have in our town miles away. So we purchased a YTH21K46 and have enjoyed putting it to work the last month down there. That Hydrostat drive and cruise control are spoiling me.....
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/chobbs1957-albums-south-ga-chobbs1957-arsenal.html

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Husqvarna owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Husqvarna mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Husqvarna stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

IMG_0007Sm.jpg Here is my Husqvarna.

Hello from South Georgia. I am new to the forum and a new Husqvarna owner. My wife inherited her father's rural home, larger more rugged yard than I have in our town miles away. So we purchased a YTH21K46 and have enjoyed putting it to work the last month down there. That Hydrostat drive and cruise control are spoiling me.....
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/chobbs1957-albums-south-ga-chobbs1957-arsenal.html

CauZey

CauZey

Hi Zach here . I own a RZ4222F that I bought in march and now have 30 hours on and just recently had to sharpen the blades

image-2804541898.jpg

image-2704943746.jpg

MITCHELL22

MITCHELL22

Hello, new to the forum. I have a new Husqvarna RZ4824F I've had it since May. It now has 16 hours on it- I like mowing again! I mow around 2 acres in half the time as compared to my old John Deere lawn tractor.

S

Straydog

Hi everybody from Western Pa. I'm a new Husky owner as of 9:30 this morning. My new YTH2448 arrived and after doing all the pre-ride inspection/adjustments I mowed my 2 acres for the first time in about 2 weeks. The Husky didn't even break a sweat...:laughing: Now I can't wait for next week....I get to do it all again. I haven't had those thoughts in years! Sure is nice having a new rider and the Husky is fantastic.:smile:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi everybody from Western Pa. I'm a new Husky owner as of 9:30 this morning. My new YTH2448 arrived and after doing all the pre-ride inspection/adjustments I mowed my 2 acres for the first time in about 2 weeks. The Husky didn't even break a sweat...:laughing: Now I can't wait for next week....I get to do it all again. I haven't had those thoughts in years! Sure is nice having a new rider and the Husky is fantastic.:smile:

Nice mower! we want pictures.gif

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

Yep, we welcome a picture!

S

Straydog

My two favorite rides....

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

awesome.gif Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Attachments

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

:thumbsup:

D

deamer1

Hello and Help needed.

Hello, I'm Deamer1 from Illinois.
I have several mowers.

Husqvarna ZTHKW4218A
Scag Turf Tiger
JD 5' rotary cutter,
DR Brush cutter (Bush Hog)
Ranch King 15 h.p. rider.
MTD 22 h.p. 46" rider
21" Push Mower
Found this website and do enjoy it.

I have a problem with my Husqvarna ZTHKW4218A. The left rear wheel rim fell off when making a turn. Apparently the lug nuts were slightly loose. The rim lug nut holes were wore oversize by the lug blots mounted in the Hub. (Didn't ever make a sound that I could hear, but then I wear double ear plugs to protect my hearing.) The threads on the Hub lug bolts are worn completely off for 1/2 inch from the hub outwards. I can't get the hub off to replace it.

My neighbor offered this suggestion...get a new rim and double nut it so the rim is flush with the hub...if it is solid against the hub it should work alright.

I've tried days of soaking with Kroil penetrating oil, Heat with a torch, Wheel pullers, Heat + wheel pullers + Sledge hammer. The hub is really tight on the axle of the Hydro motor. There is a key holding the hub to the axle.

Would anyone have any ideas on how to remove this hub from the axle?

The Mower model / I.D. 968999167 / ZTHKW4218A Manual no. 529105083 page 12 and 13 in the manual show the hub, key, cotter pin and Hex slotted nut.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Deamer1

S

snoh8rbob

bought a used 2554 from previous owner of house. have had a couple of minor problems, but now have a major one. burnt or sticking intake valve on #1 cyl. need to know where to get tech manuals for B & S 440000 engines.

S

snoh8rbob

Back again, spoke to soon, not a burnt orstuck valve.... bent push rod on exhaust valve..

M

mikes3028

Just tuned the motor and replaced the starter. Will be replacing the seat and re-painting the bottom this spring. Previous owner was a bit rough on the body...View attachment 12231

Hey jaymallin, I just bought the YTH24K48 and am planning on pulling a Agri Fab yard vac also. Do you have the hydrostat trans and if so how is it holding up pulling your yard vac? just curious, couldn't make my mind up on buying one with manual trans or the hydrostat. So far the YTH24K48 will cut some serious grass. And fast too! Very pleased with it so far, but only have about 5 hrs on it. I didn't read anywhere in the manual to change the oil after the first few hrs for break in. does anyone have this info? All I can say is what a mower!

mikes3028

A

Amadhunter

Hey ya'll,

Hunter here from Louisiana, I have a EZ 4824 F. Not a terrible mower for the price. Have been a Husky fan for a lng time due to their saws ane trimmers. Saved up and bought the mower last summer. I have since noticed some pretty bad quality and design flaws that makes me wish I'd saved a little more for a better mower. For example, the leveling wheels on the deck are single shear! They bent very quickly after only a few uses. This isn't the stamped deck, but the fabricated one. Why on earth would Husky hamstring an otherwise beefy deck with single shears? Now it's impossible to get an even cut. Any ideas?

A

aislabyjim

Hi, I have taken delivery of a R316T AWD which I believe is similar and has the same transmission as the 322 but is fitted with a two cylinder 603cc Kawasaki engine. The deck is the 103 Combi. My garden, near Whitby Yorkshire, is just over an acre but almost half is slopes with angles up to 15 degrees. The choice of mower was largely influenced by the positive posts and videos on this forum. Have had two cuts to date and and am delighted with the machines performance. My previous mower was a rear discharge Cub Cadet which having had three hydrodrive failures had to be scrapped due to spare assemblies being no longer available. I have a twentyfive year old Roper which has only needed blades and one belt during it's life but can be a knuckle ride on the slopes in damp conditions. Looking forward to reading further posts from the forum.:biggrin:

D

Devious6

Just signed up - will update and add some photos tonight. I've got a 54" GT...can't remember the model off the top of my head and will be adding an MZT61 to the stable tomorrow or Friday (my local dealer is picking it up today and servicing it for delivery). More later....just wanted to say Hi!!

Mark

P

phcaan

Well I would like to check in. I own a 2011 Husqvarna GTH27V52LS and so far have been quite pleased with it. Also is there a way to reply without including the previous quote?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Well I would like to check in. I own a 2011 Husqvarna GTH27V52LS and so far have been quite pleased with it. Also is there a way to reply without including the previous quote?

Nice mower! You can use the +Reply to Thread button.

reply.PNG

P

phcaan

Nice mower! You can use the +Reply to Quote button.

View attachment 17301
Thanks, I will try to get a picture up soon. All I see is the +reply to thread green button which does not seem to do anything and the "reply with quote" buttons. What am I doing wrong?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thanks, I will try to get a picture up soon. All I see is the +reply to thread green button which does not seem to do anything and the "reply with quote" buttons. What am I doing wrong?

Whoops! Yes that's what I meant. The +Reply to Thread button (the button that is circled in the picture in my last post). If that doesn't work you can reply with a quote and then just delete the quote.

P

phcaan

Whoops! Yes that's what I meant. The +Reply to Thread button (the button that is circled in the picture in my last post). If that doesn't work you can reply with a quote and then just delete the quote.
Thanks, the green button does not work, I don't know why, so I will just use the other one. This is a great forum, I am learning a lot and having a great time. I try to answer some folks with something as it seems that some posts just don't get any response.
Thanks again for your help.

K

KennyV

There are times when the Green button will not work... Just a bit quirkie... Like right now it isn't working. KennyV

E

edgee

Re: Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- newbee

E

edgee

Hello from maryland, I just bought a husky gth24k54 with kawasaki engine.
checkin out the site

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hello from maryland, I just bought a husky gth24k54 with kawasaki engine.
checkin out the site

:welcome: Welcome to the forum! :smile:

R

raycfe

Have been reading posts for awhile so I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Ray and my 2008 YTH2348 is still going as strong as ever.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Have been reading posts for awhile so I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Ray and my 2008 YTH2348 is still going as strong as ever.

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld! :smile:

T

tanza

Hi
Just purchased my 1st Husqvarna Zero Turn.
It is a used 3yr old EZ 4824 with 277 hours.

It runs great and appears to be a very tough machine ...
It needed a good scrubbing and has a few paint chips off the fabricated deck & is missing the belt covers.

I am still trying to get the hard to remove grass stains off .... any helpful hints appreciated?

While doing cleanup & maintenance,
I was amazed to find that a so called "Professional" mowed with the deck so out of level?
The deck adjustment was set to maximum up in front .. front blade tip was about 1.5 inches higher than the back blade tip?

I reset the blade level to factory setting of .25 inch high on rear blade tip.
Why would someone cut grass like that?

Hope to learn & interact on this forum
Thanks
Tony in Florida

Attachments

Carscw

Carscw

Hi Just purchased my 1st Husqvarna Zero Turn. It is a used 3yr old EZ 4824 with 277 hours. It runs great and appears to be a very tough machine ... It needed a good scrubbing and has a few paint chips off the fabricated deck & is missing the belt covers. I am still trying to get the hard to remove grass stains off .... any helpful hints appreciated? While doing cleanup & maintenance, I was amazed to find that a so called "Professional" mowed with the deck so out of level? The deck adjustment was set to maximum up in front .. front blade tip was about 1.5 inches higher than the back blade tip? I reset the blade level to factory setting of .25 inch high on rear blade tip. Why would someone cut grass like that? Hope to learn & interact on this forum Thanks Tony in Florida

He has the deck setup like that because it gives the best cut and stripes the grass better. But does work the engine harder.
It is called heeling the deck. I run all my mowers with the front up higher than the back been doing this for 30 years.

O

Ojref

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the forums! Hailing from Livingston, TX. New owner of a used Husqvarna 17.5... something. I'm going to post a request for model designation in the main forum.

T

tanza

He has the deck setup like that because it gives the best cut and stripes the grass better. But does work the engine harder.
It is called heeling the deck. I run all my mowers with the front up higher than the back been doing this for 30 years.

Thanks for the info ....
so you raise the front of the blade 1" or more to get the stripes as you see on a baseball field?

good to know....

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thanks for the info ....
so you raise the front of the blade 1" or more to get the stripes as you see on a baseball field?

good to know....

Or get a striping kit.

striper-kit05.jpg

Carscw

Carscw

Thanks for the info .... so you raise the front of the blade 1" or more to get the stripes as you see on a baseball field? good to know....

You will get good stripes but not like a baseball field.

They cut the grass then stripe it by pulling a piece of chain link fence and or brush the stripes

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Hello all,

Just joined today to share our experience with our MZ5225. Got it used this past summer and it always had a weak feleing starter. Researched and found the info about too high comp due to valve adjustment, but that wasn't the problem. Finally took a look inside the starter and found the brushes had issues. Found replacement set of brushes (sold for Tecumseh) that fit perfectly and now it cranks like it never did before!

Here's about the only pic of it.

P1000956mod.jpg

Looks like a great site. This is our first ZTR and so far really love it. Now that the starter problem is over, can't wait for springtime and the new mowing season.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Dan

K

KennyV

WELCOME to these Forums...

Looking forward to seeing you in the posts... :smile:KennyV

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

WELCOME to these Forums...

Looking forward to seeing you in the posts... :smile:KennyV

Thanks Kenny. Really love this MZ (not as much as our son though!). Looks like a great forum. Sure there's lot's of info.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Dan

C

cornmek1

Hi everyone, just been given an old Husquvarna 43 mower - very wobbly on its engine mounts. Need to figure out how to get access to the underneath bolts & tighten them up .. how does that black plastic circular plate under the blade come off ?

I'll check the forum for clues.

regards

Kevin ( Southampton UK )

P

Potterer

Hi,

My name is John, and I'm a robot junky.

Fido, an Husqvarna Automower 305, is my third robotic lawnmower.

My elder son is a robotics engineer and our hero is W Grey Walter (which tells you how bad the addiction is).

P

phcaan

Hi,

My name is John, and I'm a robot junky.

Fido, an Husqvarna Automower 305, is my third robotic lawnmower.

My elder son is a robotics engineer and our hero is W Grey Walter (which tells you how bad the addiction is).
Welcome, and good luck with your robot mower.

Mudface777

Mudface777

Hello. I own a few craftsman mowers and a craftsman vacuum/shredder/blower. However I am new to the husqvarna seen. I just bought a husqvarna 128ld. It was easy to assemble and easy to start. One thing though is that it seems to run hot. Any suggestions or info?

G

goodbar

Hi All - Just bought my first rider and went with a Husqvarna LTH18538! I just have a .37 acre lot, and this little tractor seemed to be the best of both worlds between a small rear rider and a full size tractor. It's small, should be able to handle slopes and has all kinds of attachments! Looking forward to getting it delivered later this week :)

- goobar

J

jzmowman

We have a brand new Husqvarna riding lawn mower, 22hp, Briggs/Stratton, 46" deck

C

csleeblue

Hello, a newbie here. Just bought a new Husky MZ52LE with Kawasaki 23 HP for 1.7 acre. It痴 my first ZTR and took a while to learn to drive. I also need to learn to turn better without tearing up the grass. I have been browsing this site before the purchase to gather others opinions, likes and dislikes on make & model, size and price points. It helped me a lot and I would like to thank everyone, especially the regulars, for posting good and honest information.

One question I do have is how sharp are blades supposed to be? The blades are dull to touch.
Blue

Carscw

Carscw

Hello, a newbie here. Just bought a new Husky MZ52LE with Kawasaki 23 HP for 1.7 acre. It痴 my first ZTR and took a while to learn to drive. I also need to learn to turn better without tearing up the grass. I have been browsing this site before the purchase to gather others opinions, likes and dislikes on make & model, size and price points. It helped me a lot and I would like to thank everyone, especially the regulars, for posting good and honest information. One question I do have is how sharp are blades supposed to be? The blades are dull to touch. Blue

Have you watched any videos on how to do a 3 point turn?

It takes a little bit of practice.

Mudface777

Mudface777

C

csleeblue

That video was very helpful. Thanks!

Mudface777

Mudface777

Anytime. I am here to help.

A

Almandine

Hi, My name is Larry....I have an acre of grass in my small Connecticut town. I bought a Husqvarna Zero-turn mower (Z3016) 3 years ago. I LOVE the ease of using this machine, it put the fun back in mowing! However, It has been in the shop each year I have owned it due to breakdowns. I think the manufacturer does not use sturdy enough hardware, something is always breaking (and I am a careful, 80 year-old driver!). I plan on using this until something major breaks, and then it is back to John Deere for me.

My complaint today involves the grass deflector. This is minor, but very annoying. I have found it impossible to put the deflector back on once it has been removed to install the bagger. The connection of the deflector to the deck is by way of a rod and clip. Sounds easy, but impossible for me. And, the manual does not mention how this is to be done. If anyone has found a way to re-insert the spring properly into this gadget, I sure would like to know about it!

Looking forward to sharing some honest opinions...............

J

JTT

Hi everyone, my name is John, I live in Alabama, I have a Husqvarna RZ5426 zero turn mowed. I am new to this type of mower, so if I ask stupid questions, it is because of ignorance, not stupidity. I hope to learn as I go, and possibly help other from the mistakes I make.

Thank You
JTT

Carscw

Carscw

Hi everyone, my name is John, I live in Alabama, I have a Husqvarna RZ5426 zero turn mowed. I am new to this type of mower, so if I ask stupid questions, it is because of ignorance, not stupidity. I hope to learn as I go, and possibly help other from the mistakes I make. Thank You JTT

There are no stupid questions.

Welcome to our world of mowers.

What part of Alabama?
I am next door in northwest GA

O

oleblu72

Well I'm back, I joined back in 2010 mowing with a JD 160 or maybe I should say trying to mow with a JD 160 man what a piece of crap. Now I'm back with a 2014 Husky M-ZT 52 man this thing is Da Bomb. I have about a half acre maybe a little more to mow used to take me about 1/3/4 hr. to mow, with the Husky I did mine and my nephews lawn in about 3 hrs. and he has more to mow than myself. This thing is a rocket ship on wheels and once I got the hang of the controls I was having fun cutting the grass and I was looking for more grass to cut, I think I'll put some west coast mirrors on it for backing up. When I bought the Husky and was waiting for delivery I was thinking to myself man you must be nuts spending this much on a lawnmower but once I took delivery and got used to the controls and started mowing then I started thinking this thing is pretty cool, expensive but better than buying a ZT from Lowes or Home Depot.

Mark

djdicetn

djdicetn

Well I'm back, I joined back in 2010 mowing with a JD 160 or maybe I should say trying to mow with a JD 160 man what a piece of crap. Now I'm back with a 2014 Husky M-ZT 52 man this thing is Da Bomb. I have about a half acre maybe a little more to mow used to take me about 1/3/4 hr. to mow, with the Husky I did mine and my nephews lawn in about 3 hrs. and he has more to mow than myself. This thing is a rocket ship on wheels and once I got the hang of the controls I was having fun cutting the grass and I was looking for more grass to cut, I think I'll put some west coast mirrors on it for backing up. When I bought the Husky and was waiting for delivery I was thinking to myself man you must be nuts spending this much on a lawnmower but once I took delivery and got used to the controls and started mowing then I started thinking this thing is pretty cool, expensive but better than buying a ZT from Lowes or Home Depot.

Mark

Congratulations.....yep, that M-ZT 52 is one grass-eating machine!!! I almost pulled the trigger on a Dixon DX100 in 2012, which Husqvarna based the M-ZT lineup on after purchasing Dixon a few years back. The M-ZT 52 is a cross between a Dixon Ram Ultra and the DX100 with more Commercial features than most other high-end Residential ZTR's you find. Did you get the Kawasaki engine? With how much you are mowing, with proper maintenance that Husqvarna will last you a very, very long time!!!

Carscw

Carscw

About time you junked that junk Deere.
The husqvarna is a very good mower.
Now you have the ztr fever trying to cut the whole neighborhood

O

oleblu72

Congratulations.....yep, that M-ZT 52 is one grass-eating machine!!! I almost pulled the trigger on a Dixon DX100 in 2012, which Husqvarna based the M-ZT lineup on after purchasing Dixon a few years back. The M-ZT 52 is a cross between a Dixon Ram Ultra and the DX100 with more Commercial features than most other high-end Residential ZTR's you find. Did you get the Kawasaki engine? With how much you are mowing, with proper maintenance that Husqvarna will last you a very, very long time!!!

Yes it does have the Kaw engine. One of the other dealers I was talking to had a 2013 M-ZT with the Briggs engine for $4995 and I asked him about the Husky 10% rebate and he said he never heard of it so I went back to my local dealer and got it for about $50 less and closer to home to boot.

Mark

S

szl3lm

Hi,
Just joined the group. I bought a 2013 MTZ6128 with the Briggs 28hp engine, the end of last year. I was a little leary getting the Briggs, but I can't complain so far. I cut just under 2 acres & the mower has been doing a great job. It cut my cutting time in half from the 48" garden tractor I had been using. I'm extremely happy with the purchase!

Dennis

P

phcaan

Hi,
Just joined the group. I bought a 2013 MTZ6128 with the Briggs 28hp engine, the end of last year. I was a little leary getting the Briggs, but I can't complain so far. I cut just under 2 acres & the mower has been doing a great job. It cut my cutting time in half from the 48" garden tractor I had been using. I'm extremely happy with the purchase!

Dennis

Welcome Dennis. I too had concerns regarding the Briggs engine when I purchased my GTH27V52LS, but have been pleasantly surprised at it's performance and reliability. I had read that the only issue that was repeatedly expressed was the need to check the valve adjustment. I check my valves at the beginning of every season, a relativity easy chore, and have been pleased with both the service and power this engine delivers.
Good luck with your new mower.

S

szl3lm

Thanks for the welcome & good luck wishes. After reading my post again, I realized that I put the model designation wrong. It's a MZ6128.
Good to know about the valve adjustment. I'll keep that in mind. I did some online investigating about the 28hp Briggs prior to my purchase & read some complaints about oil leaks. Haven't experienced that at all, but I've only got 40 cutting hours on the machine. Can't complain about the performance & value of this residential level ZTM.

P

phcaan

Thanks for the welcome & good luck wishes. After reading my post again, I realized that I put the model designation wrong. It's a MZ6128.
Good to know about the valve adjustment. I'll keep that in mind. I did some online investigating about the 28hp Briggs prior to my purchase & read some complaints about oil leaks. Haven't experienced that at all, but I've only got 40 cutting hours on the machine. Can't complain about the performance & value of this residential level ZTM.
I have run mine for 2 seasons and have had no oil leaks. I read where these engines had issues with dirt getting by the air filter and causing premature wear. I talked to the Briggs folks about this and they told me the issue had been fixed prior to the manufacture date of my engine, mine is a 2011 model.
afte 50 hours I went to synthetic oil, many poo poo this action, but I have had good luck with it.

S

szl3lm

Did my first oil change @ 25 hrs with a synthetic/conventional blend. I just read elsewhere at this site about using a NAPA Gold #1516 oil filter in place of the Briggs. It supposedly has the same specs with a larger volume @ a cheaper price. I think I'll be looking into that on my next oil change.

P

phcaan

Did my first oil change @ 25 hrs with a synthetic/conventional blend. I just read elsewhere at this site about using a NAPA Gold #1516 oil filter in place of the Briggs. It supposedly has the same specs with a larger volume @ a cheaper price. I think I'll be looking into that on my next oil change.

I stick with WIX, have used them for years. I read where briggs said to get 50 hours on the engine before switching to full synthetic.
In future posts and replies you may want to click on the reply with quote button so everyone will know who you are replying to.

P

phcaan

I was lucky enough to find a mower that had a serviceable transmission. Mine if from HydroGear, and it has a drain plug, a filler plug, a level plug, and a spin-on type transmission filter. I changed the oil and filter last season and used Amzoil 20-50. So far it has been perfect. If you follow many forums you will see many folks have purchased mowers with "non serviceable" transmissions, the transmissions fail and they are faced with a minimum of $300 to repair it, and then they still have the weak trans they started out with.

P

petew

Greetings from Mebane North Carolina. Just picked up my New M-ZT-52 with Briggs power from my local dealer yesterday. Man this thing is a battleship, nothing like the Lowes 26/54 Husky that I had prior. That was a good machine but it was slow and the chassis flexed like crazy.
Trying to get a handle on my servicing schedule , like first engine oil change and first trans oil change. Figure to do the engine oil at 10 hrs but still not sure when the trannys will need their first drain.

Pete

H

Haywood

Hello fellow Husqvarna owners and thank you Muhammad.

At age 64 I have been an urban dweller for most of my life and have little experience with lawn care and mowers. However, I have been caring for my girlfriend's home with a 1 acre lot for the last three years and will be moving there in the next year or so.

We decided a better mower than the 19 hp Craftsman lawn tractor she had would be a good investment and I started researching our options. Although I have little experience with mowers I am a life time motor head and love machines so I went about it as I look at cars. Was thinking a zero turn would great but after some reading an articulating mower made more sense and I trusted that Husqvarna builds a good one. Was happy to see that the R 120S articulated rider fit our budget but as with automobiles I decided that I good used model would offer better value. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of used Husky riders out there. We live in Columbus, OH and found a good used R220T at a John Deere dealership not far below Chicago in Indiana farm countrty. With only 40 hrs of use and two oil changes on it I thought it was worth the drive for a price of $2,200.

Anyway, I hope that I was right and will be depending on this forum for help and advice. I already have two posts for help.

If I get a photo I may post it later.

Haywood

S

StratsRock

Hello everyone! I need some information. I'm semi-retired and starting a solo lawn care business. I've purchased all my equipment and trailer except the Zero Turn. After lengthy research I've narrowed it down to a Hustler FasTrak SD 54" although the Husqvarna MZT52 keeps coming to mind. I like the cast iron spindles, grease fittings, 3400 drive and some of the service aspects. But I'm unsure of the reliability aspect since I've not had any exposure to Husqvarna. I would appreciate your input and advice. Regards.

N

ninemil

Hello Guys. My user name is Ninemil. Live in North Central Texas just west of DFW. Have an RZ4623 zero turn. I am an old guy and hope to learn from this forum as I need help badly! Cheers.

P

phcaan

Hello Guys. My user name is Ninemil. Live in North Central Texas just west of DFW. Have an RZ4623 zero turn. I am an old guy and hope to learn from this forum as I need help badly! Cheers.

You may be suprised, sometimes the old guys have a lot to offer. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new machine.

G

Grasor

Hi all,

I have a Husqvarna HU775L that I bought second hand. Joining the forum to locate a seemingly elusive lawn mower blade replacement - daggon thing has a 5-point key and no one seems to have it!

P

phcaan

Hi all,

I have a Husqvarna HU775L that I bought second hand. Joining the forum to locate a seemingly elusive lawn mower blade replacement - daggon thing has a 5-point key and no one seems to have it!

Go to the Oregon lawn mower blade replacement page and use the supplied form to get a cross reference blade number.

OREGON
click above link to find it

P

phcaan

Hi all,

Replacementparts.com Husqvarna HU775BBC Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com

figure A47 Part number 581045201

R

Rms59

New here too. I have a Husqvarna YTH22V46FR lawn tractor that has all specifications checked and working yet it's horrible at bagging leaves. It tends to blow leaves out the left side (opposite the discharge side) and makes cleanup a chore. Hope to get some answers here. Funny thing is that my old Craftsman tractor actually sucked in leaves on the left side instead of blowing them out.

Richard

P

phcaan

New here too. I have a Husqvarna YTH22V46FR lawn tractor that has all specifications checked and working yet it's horrible at bagging leaves. It tends to blow leaves out the left side (opposite the discharge side) and makes cleanup a chore. Hope to get some answers here. Funny thing is that my old Craftsman tractor actually sucked in leaves on the left side instead of blowing them out.

Richard

Richard, I can't seem to find any reference or pictures of that mower, can you point me in the direction where I could find out more about it?

R

Rms59

P

phcaan

I was curious to see if the deck was a pressed or fabricated. The things I would check, and you may have already have done all this, blades are the correct blades and installed properly ( my neighbor brought home a mower that had one installed upside down). Deck level adjustment, also just for the heck of it, look under the deck and make sure that the blades do not protrude below the deck. The other thing would be with the bag attachment having too much resistance so that it would be impeding air flow.

R

Rms59

It looks like a pressed deck, has all the baffles, the chutes and bins are clear, the blades are stock and on correctly (sharp edge down, winged fin up, and are about an inch above the deck bottom. When I slowly drive over dry leaves they get sucked up ok but the left side doesn't pull anything in. It blows them out instead. It also blows out the back but not as much.

One thing I did notice is that the rear edge of deck is an inch higher than the front so I'm going to bring that down to the 1/8 to 1/2 spec and see what happens. (right now there's an inch of snow so it will be a few days).

Thanks
Richard

P

phcaan

It looks like a pressed deck, has all the baffles, the chutes and bins are clear, the blades are stock and on correctly (sharp edge down, winged fin up, and are about an inch above the deck bottom. When I slowly drive over dry leaves they get sucked up ok but the left side doesn't pull anything in. It blows them out instead. It also blows out the back but not as much.

One thing I did notice is that the rear edge of deck is an inch higher than the front so I'm going to bring that down to the 1/8 to 1/2 spec and see what happens. (right now there's an inch of snow so it will be a few days).

Thanks
Richard

I think you will find that proper leveling of the deck is important. Good luck

R

Rms59

Well, it got to 55 degrees here, (Connecticut) so I decided to tackle the deck. In short, I adjusted everything to the specifications, including proper tire pressure, in accordance to the manual but no change. It still bags leaves, but continues to blow them out of the left side too making a neat cleanup impossible. It's a big difference from the Craftsman that sucked in all around the perimeter of the deck.

This is the worst performing deck I've ever had. Come spring, I will look for some alternate blades if any to see if the suction improves. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

P

phcaan

Well, it got to 55 degrees here, (Connecticut) so I decided to tackle the deck. In short, I adjusted everything to the specifications, including proper tire pressure, in accordance to the manual but no change. It still bags leaves, but continues to blow them out of the left side too making a neat cleanup impossible. It's a big difference from the Craftsman that sucked in all around the perimeter of the deck.

This is the worst performing deck I've ever had. Come spring, I will look for some alternate blades if any to see if the suction improves. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Does this condition exist without the bagger attachment installed?

R

Rms59

Does this condition exist without the bagger attachment installed?

This was such a good question that I had to go try it since the bagger is only used when the leaves begin to fall. Anyway, without the bagger pipe connected to the discharge chute and the chute deflector installed and down, I get a neutral condition to slight suction on the left side now instead of blowing out. If I'm right next to the leaves it may pull some in but barely.

The discharge side will blow any leaves picked up a distance of about 8 feet and seems to get most of its suction from the rear of the deck. This is why I never have a problem cutting grass since no grass blows out the left side.

So it seems that the deck design or blades isn't all the great. My only option is to try some different blades.

Oh... and deck height makes no difference.

Thank you.
Richard

P

phcaan

This was such a good question that I had to go try it since the bagger is only used when the leaves begin to fall. Anyway, without the bagger pipe connected to the discharge chute and the chute deflector installed and down, I get a neutral condition to slight suction on the left side now instead of blowing out. If I'm right next to the leaves it may pull some in but barely.

The discharge side will blow any leaves picked up a distance of about 8 feet and seems to get most of its suction from the rear of the deck. This is why I never have a problem cutting grass since no grass blows out the left side.

So it seems that the deck design or blades isn't all the great. My only option is to try some different blades.

Oh... and deck height makes no difference.

Thank you.
Richard

You might also make sure you are getting good air flow through the bagger.

Carscw

Carscw

Air needs to pass threw the bagger.

Like a vacuum plug up the exhaust and it will not suk.

R

Rms59

Just to clarify, the tractor and bagger system are only two years old and the chutes are unobstructed. I just ordered a set of blades from Oregon Parts that have a different design and will replace the stock blade. They have a claimed "air lift" of 1-1/4 inches (whatever that means). Hopefully I can try them out before winter hits.

H

HarleyUltra

Husqvarna 0-turn 72" cut.
DY'er

R

Rms59

Just to clarify, the tractor and bagger system are only two years old and the chutes are unobstructed. I just ordered a set of blades from Oregon Parts that have a different design and will replace the stock blade. They have a claimed "air lift" of 1-1/4 inches (whatever that means). Hopefully I can try them out before winter hits.

Well, since it was 40 degrees and snow melted away, I put on the new blades that have the higher lift and picked up the remainder of the leaves. I notice very little improvement. Air still blows out the left side of the deck (though not as much now) which blows the leaves away instead of sucking them in. I put the tractor away for the winter and removed the battery so I'll have to wait till spring to take off the deck and see what's so different from my Craftsman which doesn't have that problem.
IMG_6088.jpg

P

phcaan

Well, since it was 40 degrees and snow melted away, I put on the new blades that have the higher lift and picked up the remainder of the leaves. I notice very little improvement. Air still blows out the left side of the deck (though not as much now) which blows the leaves away instead of sucking them in. I put the tractor away for the winter and removed the battery so I'll have to wait till spring to take off the deck and see what's so different from my Craftsman which doesn't have that problem.
View attachment 24458

I don't have any answers for you. I have a 2011 Husqvarna with a fabricated 54" deck. I have read that my machine does not do well with the bagger attachment, and I have never tried to use one. If I do ever want to try a bagger I think I will purchase one of those from DR that have their own engine to provide suction and chopping of the leaves. Good luck with your problem.

R

Rms59

I don't have any answers for you. I have a 2011 Husqvarna with a fabricated 54" deck. I have read that my machine does not do well with the bagger attachment, and I have never tried to use one. If I do ever want to try a bagger I think I will purchase one of those from DR that have their own engine to provide suction and chopping of the leaves. Good luck with your problem.

Thanks. One thing I want to mention is that the Husqvarna bagger attachment which includes everything from the lower chute, top chute, bagger housing, and containers, are identical to the Craftsman that sucked up everything. When the Craftsman blew up, I dumped the tractor but kept the bagger for spare parts. There both the same.

In the spring I'll compare the craftsman deck (from my brothers tractor which was like my old one) to the Husqvarna deck to see if there is a fundamental difference in the deck airflow design of the two, or whether the blade rpm is different.

Richard.

B

barnabas131

Anyone have experience with the husqvarna 46" riding mower with 20hp kohler and getting the deck up high enough to get it to cut at 3.5-4"???

Its on 6 height setting and is only at 3" height its driving me nuts.

P

phcaan

Anyone have experience with the husqvarna 46" riding mower with 20hp kohler and getting the deck up high enough to get it to cut at 3.5-4"???

Its on 6 height setting and is only at 3" height its driving me nuts.

I have a 54" riding mower and it does not cut the depth that is printed on the height slots. I just use what ever adjustment that get the cut I want. Mine has 3.5" as the highest cut and I don't think it actually cuts that high. I have no idea how you could raise the maximum cut as on my machine when it is in the highest position the deck hits the frame.

B

barnabas131

Id like at least 3.5 height i may have to go to taller tires if i cant get it adjusted high enough

P

phcaan

Id like at least 3.5 height i may have to go to taller tires if i cant get it adjusted high enough

That would work.

M

malccamp1947

Hi, my name is Malcolm and I live in Prosper Texas which is north of Dallas. I own a Husqvarna Zero Turn Z4822 23hp Briggs and Stratton that I bought about 2years ago. I had to do quite a bit of work on the mower...replacing missing bolts, broken deck rods, battery, blades. You get the picture. This mower has truly been a great piece of equipment. I highly recommend the Husqvarna brand. I sincerely hope this forum can give me the repair advice that I need.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi, my name is Malcolm and I live in Prosper Texas which is north of Dallas. I own a Husqvarna Zero Turn Z4822 23hp Briggs and Stratton that I bought about 2years ago. I had to do quite a bit of work on the mower...replacing missing bolts, broken deck rods, battery, blades. You get the picture. This mower has truly been a great piece of equipment. I highly recommend the Husqvarna brand. I sincerely hope this forum can give me the repair advice that I need.

Welcome to the forum, Malcolm!

L

LeakyGasket

First time here --- I was originally wanting to get a Hustler flip deck (had already paid for it), but big delays in production is causing me to look here. Was looking at a MT54, I believe it is called, and will do a lot of studying to see if the Dealers recommendation is OK with me. He sells Scag, Hustler, Husqvarna, and several others, and said for his money, the best built of the group is Husqvarna, since it is a mostly welded frame.

G

Gabbyp

I am looking to replace my Hustler Sport 42 with a large mower. I am trying to limit my costs to $5K or less with a deck size of 48 inches or 52 inches if its within the $5K limit. I have narrowed my choices for my area to a Husqvarna M-TZ 52, Kubota Kommander 121s 48 inch and a Bobcat XRZ 48 inch. I looked at Hustler Fast track and Big Dog R748 but they are over my cost limits. The Hustler Sport has served me well for 5 years with no problems at all. I looked at the Raptor SD and the Scag Freedom Z but they use the ZT 2800 trans. I want the ZT3100 as I have a Cyclone rake and a lawn aerators. The M-ZT 52 is $6K but the dealer showed me the MZ-52 which is a new model that is built on the same chassis and mower deck as the M-ZT 52 but replaced items that brought the costs down. It uses a ZT3100 instead of the ZT3400 and a Kawasaki FR instead of the FS. Smaller rear tires, no ROPS, different seat. The Bobcat XRZ used the same engine/trans as the MZ-52. The Kubota has a Kohler/ZT 3100 combo but a very good suspension seat. So now I am trying to make my decision on which one to buy. I'm leaning towards the MZ-52 but would appreciate any comments positive or negative.

T

timeout

Muhammad, i guess I have already announced myself to the general "Riding Mower" folks with a question about an excess buildup of grass cuttings on my Husqvarna YTH 22V46 and have gotten a lot of replies helping me work through my problem from some not even Husky owners. Since this is the first of this brand I have ever purchased this forum specifically for Husky owners will be great too.. I like my first experience with the mower, just surprised that after cutting only about an acre of dry grass and weeds the mulching kit jammed the cuttings around the cutting deck pulleys. So far it seems the only practical and easy solution to my problem is to not to see how quickly I can cut the grass and to cut it more often. I can do that and stay out of my wife's hair. She likes that. But for those other Husqvana ower's out there if you have any special advice for a new owner and a newbe to this forum let me hear from you with any suggestion for a new Husky owner. I get conflicting answers about what engine oil to use. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC and the summer temps get up near 100 in July and Aug but abate beginning in mid September. Our centipede grass goes dormant once the temps start getting down near freezing so the Mower is cleaned up and stored in the Garage by then. I have always used Sythetic Oil in my car but a neighbor talked me into putting synthetic in my old mower and it ran through a half quart of oil almost after one cutting. Can someone who has had a Husky for a long time suggest what oil would be best for my V Twin 22 HP B&S Engine? Can't express how lucky I feel finding this website. I have spent hours and hours since getting the new mower looking for recommendation with all no reply. This site it fantastic and obviously filled with helpful people axious to talk you through problems.

B

bertsmobile1

Go to the Husky web site
Husqvarna Support - Servicing Dealers for Homeowners
Type in your model numbers and down load the owners manual.
In there is an oil chart
You should be using 10W40 or strait 30 W
If you are not using it as a snow plow.
Most important thing is to change the oil at the end of the mowing season so it sits there with nice clean oil in the sump and not cruddy oil slowly dumping sediment into all the oil ways.
If your mower does not have a fuel tap on it ( an it does not ) fit one between the fuel tank & the fuel filter thus you can change the filter without getting covered with fuel and second you can turn it off & run the carb dry before bedding it down for winter.
Buy a few sets of blades so you can sharpen them when you have a minute.
mulching takes a high toll on blades and mulching with dull blades puts a really heavy load on the engine. You would not shave with a dull razor so why mow with a dull blade.
Don't think there is a plain 30 grade synthetic oil & I alway advocate using mower oil , brand ypur choice.
Mower oil is formulated ( like harley oil ) for air cooled engines that get used infrequently so it has a lot more corrosion inhibitors in it.
Get a 3" diameter key ring. put the mower key on it and store it over the dip stick, thus you might just remember to check the oil every time before you start the engine.
If you are mulching a lot of dry grass get a few pre filters so you can pop a clean one on every 5 or 6 mows, you will work out how often after using it for a season.
Pre filters wash best in hair shampoo but explaining what you are doing in the shower :ashamed: to SWMBO might be a bit difficult. Do not oil them, fit them dry.
Alway use fresh ethanol free fuel

D

dhd

I just noticed this thread, "Husqvarna Owner Check In"

I've been a member since May 2010 and have posted only 2 or 3 times.

I have two Husqvarna R322T AWD machines with the Combi 103 mowing deck and also an Agri-Fab 2 stage snow blower attachment.
The two R322T machines replaced two Wheel Horse machines, a 416-H and a 414-8.
We needed mowers that would handle our steep slopes better and would also feel more stable on those slopes for the operator.
The R322T mowers have worked out really well for my wife and I in those situations.
The R322T with snow blower, is only a back up for my Kubota B7800 with snow blower.
So for snow blowing, the R322T hasn't been used much.
Hope to participate more in the future.

C

chiefcook

New owner of a Dixon Ultra 52 SE from Ashdown, AR. I am having fun learning how to drive but already getting comfortable with it.

I always mulched with my old Craftsman 42" lawn tractor and would like to with this machine. Does anyone have any experience with the Husqvarna 52" fabricated deck mulching kit? I could try Gator blades but would rather not have the side discharge chute.

H

Hound Dog

I signed up a few minutes ago while doing an internet search on why the deck belt on the RZ4619 will not stay on. Still searching the forum in case someone else has solved this problem.

This is the first mowing of the season here in this part of North Dakota and after a few rainy days it's time to mow.

B

bertsmobile1

Welcome.
This is really a thead to say howdy & introduce yourself.
Most forum readers do not read this thread so a lot of questions on it go unnoticed & unanswered.
Start a new thread titled "trouble with RZ4219 deck belt"

B

bertsmobile1

Muhammad, i guess I have already announced myself to the general "Riding Mower" folks with a question about an excess buildup of grass cuttings on my Husqvarna YTH 22V46 and have gotten a lot of replies helping me work through my problem from some not even Husky owners. Since this is the first of this brand I have ever purchased this forum specifically for Husky owners will be great too.. I like my first experience with the mower, just surprised that after cutting only about an acre of dry grass and weeds the mulching kit jammed the cuttings around the cutting deck pulleys. So far it seems the only practical and easy solution to my problem is to not to see how quickly I can cut the grass and to cut it more often. I can do that and stay out of my wife's hair. She likes that. But for those other Husqvana ower's out there if you have any special advice for a new owner and a newbe to this forum let me hear from you with any suggestion for a new Husky owner. I get conflicting answers about what engine oil to use. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC and the summer temps get up near 100 in July and Aug but abate beginning in mid September. Our centipede grass goes dormant once the temps start getting down near freezing so the Mower is cleaned up and stored in the Garage by then. I have always used Sythetic Oil in my car but a neighbor talked me into putting synthetic in my old mower and it ran through a half quart of oil almost after one cutting. Can someone who has had a Husky for a long time suggest what oil would be best for my V Twin 22 HP B&S Engine? Can't express how lucky I feel finding this website. I have spent hours and hours since getting the new mower looking for recommendation with all no reply. This site it fantastic and obviously filled with helpful people axious to talk you through problems.

And I forgot to mention earlier, mulching only works properly within a specific cutting height range and grass height and this will vary depending upon the type of grass you have and is speed sensitive and of course will also vary with blade type, deck type & mower itself.
Deck too high & the grass will build up under the deck & grass will clump.
Deck too low and clipping will blow up through the deck vents and cover the top of the deck and collect under the mower & eventually clag up the clutch on YTH's
You can not effectively mulch a cut that is more than 50% of the total grass height as the clippings have no where to go
For the same reason you can not mulch if the cut grass will be less than 1" and it works best at 2" to 3 " finish height.
So you will just need to do a lot of experimenting.
When you think about it you are asking the blades to draw air in from the sides of the deck to stand up the grass blades for cutting then swirl the cuttings around while the the cuttings gets diced up then drop them down in betwen the blades of cut grass finally to blow out as clean air through the tiny holes around the spindles which usually block up.
It is a big ask

R

RLHolland

Hello, my name is Bob Holland, of Hallsville Texas, I have 2 Husq riding mowers, YTH2348 and a GTH2448T, mow around 2 acres.
Will need info and help on the GTH2448T, broken rod.....

PIJoe

PIJoe

Greetings from Michigan

Hello everyone, greetings from a Northern Michigan property maintainer.

I've got a stable of Husky's, including my YTH 2454 aka "Husqzilla", my 323L trimmer, and my 150BT backpack blower.

My only non-Husky piece is a Honda HRR-216 push mower.

Glad to be here!
Joe

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hello everyone, greetings from a Northern Michigan property maintainer.

I've got a stable of Husky's, including my YTH 2454 aka "Husqzilla", my 323L trimmer, and my 150BT backpack blower.

My only non-Husky piece is a Honda HRR-216 push mower.

Glad to be here!
Joe

Welcome to the forum! Nice equipment.

B

berlinfirefighter

Hi my name is Blaise and I'm new here and from south east Michigan. I'm looking at buying a husqvarna zero turn. I started at topic about which engine to get. Please help me decide.

2rr2nv15

2rr2nv15

New guy from South Dakota.

Hi ya all,

I'm Scot "Z" and I own a Husky, new in 2014. it is a self-propelled HU 775BBC model. I joined because I'm having an issue with my mower. Hopefully it's not a big deal and cheap to fix.

thank you all for letting me join you.

Scot "Z"

K

KiltedOne

Hello everyone! My name is Gordon and I am from Waxahachie, Texas. I own a 2005 Husqvarna YTH 2448 (96013000700)

NurdBurd

NurdBurd

Howdy,
My name is Carl and I live in Spring Hill, Florida. Yes, we have a lot of green grass ALL year long. It just grows faster in the summer.

My baby is model YTH24K48 purchased on 7/25/2012 - just about six years old.

I am having a particular problem right now, but I will start a new thread for that.

I will monitor this group and help when I can.

See ya!

vmaxed

vmaxed

Hi every one..I bought this Husky Z242F 2 years ago this month and it's been working great does a good on my 1 3/4 acre.
This is a pic I took when I was cleaning the deck the first time :wink:

IMG_20170607_162635351.jpg

K

katiesbella

Hi I'm Katie from Central Texas. I just bought a YTH24v48.

P

Point37

hi i'm ryan...new ts348xd owner

L

Led 67

Led 67 here I acquired a Husqvarna 961430019 02 from a neighbor that had passed and the people that bought the property gave me the mower thinking it was junk.
I invested around 5.00 total and had to repair a broken pull rope yet the mower started and ran just fine after I cleaned the carburator

H

Huskyrob

Re: Husqvarna Owner New to this forum. Hello All

My name is Rob, I have a 2012 Husqvarna 22 HP yard tractor. I use the tractor mainly for plowing snow and hauling stuff. In fact, I have only used the lawn mower deck once, I removed it from the tractor soon after. I have windshield wiper fluid in the tires, rear weights and chains that are on the tractor year round. It has served me well these past winters. I have the Husqvarna dozer blade mounted on the front. I have only had to replace a few parts of the blade over the years from wear. The starter switch wore out and the foot switch both easily replaced. The little tractor has been good to me and does a good job plowing my driveway which is at least 300 feet long. The trick is not to let too much snow build up, so in a major snowstorm I plow several times to keep ahead of it. More seat time is fun time.

jkbowling

jkbowling

New member here. Looks like a great forum to be a part of.

I purchased a Husqvarna MZT-61 with the Kawasaki engine in November of last year. So far I have been extremely happy with the mower. I keep a little over 4 acres cut and it has really saved me some time compared to my finish mower and tractor.

mzt61.jpg