HRX217VKA won't start

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well, took it to my private guy, who discovered the autochoke is the problem, freezes in place. He corrected the issue with "dry" lubricant but, says it's a very poor design and shocking that Honda continues it's use BECAUSE it will likely be a recurrent problem.
I'm negotiating a trade with a dedicated mower dealer to upgrade to a 217HZA or more likely a Toro 20384.
Hondas warranty is worthless if you have to wait minimum 2 weeks for service!

Well from the dealers point of view ( and I am an independant repairer not a dealer )
Tough luck, take it back to HD and get them to fix it.
Now I have all these nice people who have done the right thing by me so I am going to do the right thing by them.
When they are all done I will get around to doing you.

See just like you, the dealer has a family and a mortgage and likes to have a beer and he relies on his loyal happy customers to provide all of that.
OTOH the owner of HD just plays on the cheapness & selfishness of the general buying public & does not give a toss about you as your patronage is insignificant to his multimillion dollar income.

And by the way, my average turn around for a repair if I don't need to buy in parts is 5 days. So 2 weeks is not unreasonable.

Assuming that the dealer has some sort of obligation to you is unreasonable as you decided a $ 50 lower price was more important than loyal dealer support.
Now you need dealer service you think he should drop everything to service an owner who shunned his shop in the first place.
The dealer has an obligation to Honda to do the repair and you were offerred that but refused, took it to some one who had no idea of the problem but could pander to your impatience by doing it strait away and judging by your quotation of his comments I can see a good reason why he has so little work on that he can do you while you wait.

Our season is almost over, my shop is still full & I have 2 weeks of customers waiting for me to call their mowers in for their regular service.

I might suggest you calm down a bit and make an effort to see things from a point of view other than yours.
Do that and you might find your remaining toime on this planet passes in a far more enjoyable manner.

PS, good luck with getting Toro service

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well from the dealers point of view ( and I am an independant repairer not a dealer )
Tough luck, take it back to HD and get them to fix it.
Now I have all these nice people who have done the right thing by me so I am going to do the right thing by them.
When they are all done I will get around to doing you.

See just like you, the dealer has a family and a mortgage and likes to have a beer and he relies on his loyal happy customers to provide all of that.
OTOH the owner of HD just plays on the cheapness & selfishness of the general buying public & does not give a toss about you as your patronage is insignificant to his multimillion dollar income.

And by the way, my average turn around for a repair if I don't need to buy in parts is 5 days. So 2 weeks is not unreasonable.

Assuming that the dealer has some sort of obligation to you is unreasonable as you decided a $ 50 lower price was more important than loyal dealer support.
Now you need dealer service you think he should drop everything to service an owner who shunned his shop in the first place.
The dealer has an obligation to Honda to do the repair and you were offerred that but refused, took it to some one who had no idea of the problem but could pander to your impatience by doing it strait away and judging by your quotation of his comments I can see a good reason why he has so little work on that he can do you while you wait.

Our season is almost over, my shop is still full & I have 2 weeks of customers waiting for me to call their mowers in for their regular service.

I might suggest you calm down a bit and make an effort to see things from a point of view other than yours.
Do that and you might find your remaining toime on this planet passes in a far more enjoyable manner.

PS, good luck with getting Toro service

This is epic thanks. This sums it up perfectly