HRX 537 HXA transmission

balooo32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello!
I just bought a used HRX 537 HXA in great shape , it's starts really good , mows good idels good the only problems i have with it is the transmission.The transmission stars to act just when the orange lever is pushed halfway but then it starts really fast, it will go faster when the orange lever its in the furthest position but there is not such a big difference like the controls sugest.My questions is if i should change the HST oil or can i solve the problem just with the cable adjustment ?
thank you very much
Bernd

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello!
I just bought a used HRX 537 HXA in great shape , it's starts really good , mows good idels good the only problems i have with it is the transmission.The transmission stars to act just when the orange lever is pushed halfway but then it starts really fast, it will go faster when the orange lever its in the furthest position but there is not such a big difference like the controls sugest.My questions is if i should change the HST oil or can i solve the problem just with the cable adjustment ?
thank you very much
Bernd

Bernd, drop me a private message with your email and I can send you a step-by-step procedure to measure and adjust the speed of your HRX, or, use this link to find a Honda Dealer in your area who can do it for you:

Find A Honda Dealer

balooo32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Peter thank you very much for help!
best regards Bernd

balooo32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello me again :)

The transmission is fixed, was a pretty easy job ,no oil needed just another cable.After this i changed the governor spring this brought the drive speed down to 3140 which seems ok.
My problem now is that i wanted to replace the spring callled Spring lever on the control plate.The part number is 16576-ZE7-300. The one i wanted to replace was a black spring i'm nearly sure it wasn't the original spring.Now this original honda spring is (16576-ZE7-300)too short. Is it ok to apply so much tension there or do i have to uncoil a part of the spring?

Thank very much for your help

Bernd