HRT216SDA Won't Start

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also when you tighten the two nuts on the air filter housing tighten then evenly like you would head bolts.

firedawgsatx

Threads
On a side note, I often have to tune the high and low speed needles on my 2 stroke engine carbs. Do lawn mower carbs(specifically this Honda carb) ever have to be tuned? Thanks

On my Honda HRT216 I never have to touch the carb adjustments. It could be yours needs a slight tweak.

motaro38

Threads
Instead of the gaskets, any of you guys ever try using just permatex gasket maker instead?

firedawgsatx

Threads
Instead of the gaskets, any of you guys ever try using just permatex gasket maker instead?

Are you talking about using permatex instead of OEM carb gaskets? If so, I personally don't think that would be a good or practical idea. I do use Permatex Ultra Grey for the valve cover instead of Honda Bond.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some of these gaskets have very small holes and valleys for air/fuel to travel through. Using a liquid based gasket maker would alter these precise holes and valleys. Even using a paper based gasket maker cannot simulate these.

Rly the gaskets are about $1.50 Ea or less.. takes maybe at max 5 days to get to your door and about 5 mins to use. Just stick with the oem

motaro38

Threads
Ok, I got the new gasket installed, and it helped with some of the surging, but didn't fix the problem entirely. It's hard to explain, but when the throttle is moved just a tad away from choke it runs fine, no surging, but when I pull the throttle lever up more to the "fast" setting, it begins to surge. This is preventing me from getting full power out of the engine since it won't let me put it on the fast setting without surging. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks