HRR2167VKA front wheel wobbles

tommaple

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Honda mower HRR167VKA last year at Home Depot. It gets a lot of use (about 10 hours a week May - October). The front right wheel has started to wobble quite a bit.

(1) Will putting on a new wheel probably solve the problem or are other parts usually needed too?

(2) I tried to remove the flange nut on the wheel bolt to try to get the wheel off but the nut wouldn't budge. Is there a special technique or do I need to just put more muscle into it?

(3) I'm curious, when I get the wheel off and put a new one on what is it about that type of nut that keeps it on? I would think with all the vibration the nut would eventually loosen and come off.

Thanks!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
Most wheel are kept on with "Shoulder Bolts" ... when you get it off you will see how it works.
That bolt screws into a threaded hole, there is no "nut"...

The wheel May have replaceable bushings... (you will see that when you get the Bolt off), If not you need to replace the complete wheel...

Use a wrench that fits well, 6 point box or socket will work best, the bolt head is Not very thick so it is easy to slip a poor fitting tool and spoil the head.

Also check the bolt for excessive ware... Most hardware stores carry wheel shoulder bolts.... :smile:KennyV

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The HRR2167VKA does not have any bearings in the front wheels. Sloppy or loose fit could be just a loose bolt, or genuine wear on the inside of the wheel. It may also be any of the adjuster parts have come loose too.

Here's are a few drawings to show all the bits; you can usually find a replacement wheel at most Home Depot stores or any well-stocked Honda Dealer. Here's a link to find one close to you:

Find a Honda Dealer

Be advised Honda just publishes a suggested list price; each independent dealer determines the final/actual selling price.

Attachments

• HRR2167VKA FRONT WHEEL PARTS LIST.jpg
    HRR2167VKA FRONT WHEEL PARTS LIST.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 135
  • HRR2167VKA FRONT WHEEL shop manual.jpg
    HRR2167VKA FRONT WHEEL shop manual.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 158

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
We are fortunate to have someone like robert@honda around... :thumbsup:
Great source of Honda info. Thanks Robert.
& like he said there are several pieces in that assembly that can ware making things loose..
Look close at your assembly, you should be able to determine what is needed.. :smile:KennyV

tommaple

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you KennyV and Robert@honda!