HRM215K2SX Drive Problem

snadlea

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is an old mower but runs great. Problem is with the transmission. Wheels turn fine in low gear. They don't turn at all in high gear. Does anyone have any ideas on the problem?

Thanks

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is an old mower but runs great. Problem is with the transmission. Wheels turn fine in low gear. They don't turn at all in high gear. Does anyone have any ideas on the problem?

Thanks

Based on the model name and K-code (yours is a K2) I will guess it has a Dana/Spicer transmission. While not too complex, there are a number of parts on the trans. that could have failed or worn out to cause the problem. But first, confirm the shifter is fully moving the change arm on the transmission case. It needs to fully move in order to shift from 1-2 and back from 2-1 again. Clean any dirt, debris, etc. from the change arm and inspect the cable. A stretched, worn or mis-adjusted cable can also limit the ability to change gears. If you are convinced everything outside the trans. is all good, there may be an internal fault with the transmission.

Unfortunately, there are no service parts available for this older model...only the entire transmission as a unit (includes rear axle) and it lists for $336.21. For that kind of cost, a gently used mower would be a better value than to keep this one going.

snadlea

Forum Newbie
Threads
Based on the model name and K-code (yours is a K2) I will guess it has a Dana/Spicer transmission. While not too complex, there are a number of parts on the trans. that could have failed or worn out to cause the problem. But first, confirm the shifter is fully moving the change arm on the transmission case. It needs to fully move in order to shift from 1-2 and back from 2-1 again. Clean any dirt, debris, etc. from the change arm and inspect the cable. A stretched, worn or mis-adjusted cable can also limit the ability to change gears. If you are convinced everything outside the trans. is all good, there may be an internal fault with the transmission.

Unfortunately, there are no service parts available for this older model...only the entire transmission as a unit (includes rear axle) and it lists for $336.21. For that kind of cost, a gently used mower would be a better value than to keep this one going.

I agree, it's not worth the cost of a new transmission. Guess I could just walk slower:) I will check the cables. I have a newer Honda, just wanted to get this one running again.

Thanks

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you can get the numbers off the drive. I bet I have one.

snadlea

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where are the numbers on the drive - top side or bottom side

OK - here is everything that I see on the transmission:

Spicer
20001-VFO-023
1-16-2007 12A
6000 4
SN: 04USO106148

Do you have a transmission. Cost?

Cable seems to move fine. I have not tried adjusting it yet. Waiting for som other parts before O put the oil back in and start it up again.

Thanks