Walk behind HRM 215 SXA Drive Train Problem

HoffmanCF

Forum Newbie
Threads
The drive train on my 19 year old HRM has stopped engaging the wheels. I have a very small yard so this is a low mileage mower; 15 hours per year. I've pull the wheels and cleaned & lubricated the sliding cams to no avail. The belt seems good but as those of you that have this mower know you can't see much due to the blade clutch, etc... The cable seems to be pulling tight but once again, you can't see. I understand that there is a fork in the transmission that can fail. I'll tear it down this winter but I don't want to spend unnecessary money replacing the transmission if I should be looking at something else. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Charlie

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The drive train on my 19 year old HRM has stopped engaging the wheels. I have a very small yard so this is a low mileage mower; 15 hours per year. I've pull the wheels and cleaned & lubricated the sliding cams to no avail. The belt seems good but as those of you that have this mower know you can't see much due to the blade clutch, etc... The cable seems to be pulling tight but once again, you can't see. I understand that there is a fork in the transmission that can fail. I'll tear it down this winter but I don't want to spend unnecessary money replacing the transmission if I should be looking at something else. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Charlie

On the back of the mower deck is the serial number, in the form of "MXXX-1234567" I need that to match up the trans. used in your mower. If it has the words "TUFF TORQ" on the case, there are no internal service parts from Honda, only the complete transmission. Honda part number 06200-VE2-802, $139.29 list price.

HoffmanCF

Forum Newbie
Threads
On the back of the mower deck is the serial number, in the form of "MXXX-1234567" I need that to match up the trans. used in your mower. If it has the words "TUFF TORQ" on the case, there are no internal service parts from Honda, only the complete transmission. Honda part number 06200-VE2-802, $139.29 list price.

Robert, Sorry I was elsewhere. Mower: MZBA-6026197 SXA Engine: GJAB-6497886

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Robert, Sorry I was elsewhere. Mower: MZBA-6026197 SXA Engine: GJAB-6497886

Here's what that serial number reveals:

Service Bulletin #40, May 1999: HRM215SXA "Worn Drive Pulley" (belt slips on worn pulley, install new pulley)
Service Bulletin #22, Sept. 1993: HRM215SXA "Drive Clutch Slipping" (weak weld on drive clutch lever; replace with new-style lever)

Have a look:

Attachments

• hrm #22.pdf
    59.8 KB · Views: 82
  • HRM #40.pdf
    66.5 KB · Views: 80

HoffmanCF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's what that serial number reveals:

Service Bulletin #40, May 1999: HRM215SXA "Worn Drive Pulley" (belt slips on worn pulley, install new pulley)
Service Bulletin #22, Sept. 1993: HRM215SXA "Drive Clutch Slipping" (weak weld on drive clutch lever; replace with new-style lever)

Have a look:

Thanks for the info. #22 was a no go; the weld is good. #40 is a possible, so when I tear it down this winter I'll let you know what I find.