HRB216..customer says its not as quiet as it once was

tybilly

Threads
  • / HRB216..customer says its not as quiet as it once was
today i worked on this unit,i replaced his transmission with a used one replaced the blades,removed carb, cleaned,adjusted the valve cleance ,zerode out the mechanical governor.all the latter because of surging,and he says it ran quieter before,did i miss something? do something wrong? top no load RPM was 2850,

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
today i worked on this unit,i replaced his transmission with a used one replaced the blades,removed carb, cleaned,adjusted the valve cleance ,zerode out the mechanical governor.all the latter because of surging,and he says it ran quieter before,did i miss something? do something wrong? top no load RPM was 2850,

Maybe the different transmission runs a bit quieter? Nothing else you did should significantly change the noise level. I do know the most noisy part of a mower is the spinning blades. The air intake (air cleaner/filter) can howl quite a bit too. Might just be a combination of all the service work, new gaskets, tightened bolts, properly set valves, etc. just adds up to less noise?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is a lot of differant types of noise. I guess if it was me I would start I would find out what the customer is hearing for noise??? It could be bearings, exhaust leaks, someting loose, or a preson that that dosen't like your bill and wants it complain.