Repairs How to repair or adjust my Honda lawn mower (propel lever) ?

MowerMark

Threads
  • / How to repair or adjust my Honda lawn mower (propel lever) ?
This might be simple. On this Honda HRR2167VKA there's a central handle which when pushed downward propels the unit forward. Recently the lever handle has to be pushed much further in order to propel the unit, so far that it becomes perpendicular to the ground. Did the cable stretch ? Did the handle unit slip on the bar?

What to do to that it need not be depressed so much to operate ?

Thanks !

jimrs

Threads
The handle is adjustable on mine. Just unlock and move to where its comfortable and lock back down.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
As jimrs said, the Smart Drive control has an adjuster to change the starting position. Pretty sure your (7) version of this mower does have this feature. If not, you might consider getting it updated, as Honda offers a kit for older Smart Drive mowers to convert them to adjustable control designs.

But, if you have already adjusted the position of the control, and it still requires more effort, or has other engagement or drive issues, the cable could be out of adjustment, require replacement, or some other part of the Smart Drive system needs attention.

If you'd like to DIY troubleshooting, share the full serial number off the mower deck with me and I'll find some service information. If you'd prefer a dealer to have a look, use this link to find one in your area.

Find A Honda Dealer

FYI, the HRX has a 60-month warranty, and it is possible a failed cable or other Smart Drive part may be covered if found to be a factory defect. A full inspection and evaluation from the dealer will determine this for sure.