How do I get clients?

helianthusdd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Join business associations such as your local Chamber of Commerce. Attending regular meetings is a great way to network, meet new prospects and to spread the word around. Try to get to know some real estate agents and ask them to distribute you brochures or business cards to people moving into houses that have just sold.

It's the question I'am interested. I think asking real estate agents to distribute our brochures or business cards is a good idea. However, I worry that commission I can pay is not much for them to do it. We know that real estate agents earn so much.
Do you try with it?

Pete.S

Threads
The best way I have found to get new clients is to price your work so that you are in the ball park with everyone else. Know about the different grasses that grow in your area, how h needs to be cut for the best appearance and overall lawn health. You really have to become an expert on grass to properly cut it and keep it looking good. Once you have established yourself with a couple of customers they will start to brag to their friends about you. 99% of my customers have been word of mouth referrals.

Here in Central Florida we have three main types of grass. Each needs a different cut, different fertilizer and reacts differently to insects and weeds. Master the grasses that grow in your area and give customers lawns that they think are beautiful and they will refer you to their friends and family.

Like any other business, it's all about service and making satisfied customers out of strangers.

Threads
Word of mouth worked great over the past 16 years for us. However, it helps to advertise on you local radio stations and pass out flyers. We even have done advertisements on the TVs that are on top of gas pumps and that worked really well. Finally, our strategy of making it easy for a customer to get a bid has really made our business grow. We have set up an instant online quoting system on our website that has been used by potential customers to sign up for our services. Check out AccuLawnSystems.com.