How do I get clients?

Lawn Enforcement

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey; I just put out 60 flyers at the doors of houses in kind of small town, how many calls do you think I'll get? They each had an estimate for the price of the lawns which I would say were pretty low for the sizes of the lawns. How else could I get customers?

Attachments

• Lawn Enforcement flyer.doc
    84 KB · Views: 49

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Include an all expense paid trip to Australia with each annual contract, or a refrigerator magnet...thier choice.:cool:

C&R Lawn Care

Threads
Lawn Enforcement said:
Hey; I just put out 60 flyers at the doors of houses in kind of small town, how many calls do you think I'll get? They each had an estimate for the price of the lawns which I would say were pretty low for the sizes of the lawns. How else could I get customers?

Low balling is never a good this all it does is drive down the market.

On another note on the flyers u could get a call on all of them or get no calls at all.

Good ways to advertise is by word of mouth, flyers, Craigslist, angles list, put sighs on the trailer and truck and also give out free t-shirts to people that will wear it.

Be creative when it comes to advertising.

jd335

Threads
if there is a trade paper in your area thats a good place to put adds most time it's free but if you do a good job on the lawns you get i feel sure you will get plenty of work the people here are always in such a hurry they leave grass on the pavement just doesn't look good @ all.

jd335

Threads
oh and i forgot 2 important keys to groing your business don't ever throw your competition under the bus and don't start out pricing your work to cheap

C&R Lawn Care

Threads
jd335 said:
oh and i forgot 2 important keys to groing your business don't ever throw your competition under the bus and don't start out pricing your work to cheap

100% agree

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
How about a giant inflatable gorilla wearing a "lawn enforcement" tee shirt near the interstate. Get one with a badge a cop hat and a night stick:thumbsup:.

Lawn Enforcement

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all for any tips and I will try to apply anything that may help

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think it's helpful to actually meet people whenever possible. Make eye contact -- shake hands -- smile. Also, before giving an estimate, talk to them about exactly what services they expect.

About your slogan:

"In pursuit of your lawns order"

It should read:

"In pursuit of your lawn's order"

It doesn't hurt to use correct grammar. :wink:

CajunCub

Threads
Find a really nice house in a "Great" location, with alot of traffic. Go talk to the owner, ask them if you could cut their yard for FREE!, in exchange for placing a sign that says maitained by your company,:thumbsup: and make your phone number very clear....Give it a couple months, do the yard up real nice....see if your work sells you more work!

Last edited: