Hour meter

Freddie21

Threads
To troubleshoot it, there should be 12v on one side of the meter , at least, anytime the key is in the on position. Other side to ground. It they are two separate leads, they may have gotten installed reversed. You could remove the meter and using small jumper wires, connect it to any 12v source. This would rule out the meter.

Mower Frank

Threads
I purchased a new Ariens Ikon and the hour meter didn't work. Went to my dealer and he said bring it in or he could give me a new hour meter to install if comfortable with the replacement. I replaced the meter and it didn't work either. I then checked the plug for 12v power with the key on. Didn't get a 12v reading so I carried the mower to the dealer to check. He has ordered me a new wiring harness and will install it once it arrives.

Honest Abe

Threads
Just got a 2023 ariens 918005 zero turn. The hour meter does not work. Contacted ariens and was told to call the store where I purchased from. They asked if I bought their extended warranty. I said no. They said they said they can't help. Contact ariens.
Hey G-Rex, any update on your issue? Or are you just going to bite the bullet . . . . .

grumpyunk

Threads
If bought from a reputable, authorized dealer, the sale should have been reported to Ariens, along with the owner sending in or filling out some sort of registration. If bought elsewhere, with no paperwork, why would anyone expect any sort of warranty? Is there any indication other than serial number as to the model year and whether this machine has ever been put in service previously? It may be a 'customer return' or a 'buyers remorse' that was bought, registered and returned quickly.
If it was mine, I would be determining the existence of any sort of warranty, and if sold by a dealer, and lacking the factory coverage, as paltry as it may be, it would be on the trailer on the way back to the dealer. If the seller cannot provide and invoke a factory warranty, then there is something amiss going on that should be setteled as soon as possible. 'Time is of the essence" is held dear by lawyers and warranty vendors and they will not bend if you did not follow their explicit instructions, or were not given the chance to do so.

Cobra93302

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a Toro Titan this spring and had the same problem with the hour meter. Talked to the dealer that I bought it from and he said that the hour meter only works when deck is on. Tried it with the deck on that night and he was right, it works when the deck is on. Hope this is your problem.

Honest Abe

Threads
I just bought a Toro Titan this spring and had the same problem with the hour meter. Talked to the dealer that I bought it from and he said that the hour meter only works when deck is on. Tried it with the deck on that night and he was right, it works when the deck is on. Hope this is your problem.
never heard or experienced this in 20 years and several different units . . . . . .

Honest Abe

Threads
it is my understanding that the purpose of an hour meter was to monitor hours on the engine use, not the blades turning. Duhhhh .....

LPowell1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got a 2023 ariens 918005 zero turn. The hour meter does not work. Contacted ariens and was told to call the store where I purchased from. They asked if I bought their extended warranty. I said no. They said they said they can't help. Contact ariens.
If the dealer does not fix the problem, carry them to small claims court.

grumpyunk

Threads
Wonder what the owners manual says about the hour meter. The thing owners should want to know and measure are engine hours to keep track of maintenance and adjustments. Sorry, who gives a fiddle about how many hours the deck has been spinning the blades.
I wonder if the power lead to the meter was connected to the wrong 'hot' lead.