Hour meter

G-Rex

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got a 2023 ariens 918005 zero turn. The hour meter does not work. Contacted ariens and was told to call the store where I purchased from. They asked if I bought their extended warranty. I said no. They said they said they can't help. Contact ariens.

G-Rex

Forum Newbie
Threads
Forget the phone, you need to talk with them face to face.
Was curious if anyone else had the same problem. If so how was it fixed. Should there be 12v at the connector for the meter ? Thanks.

Honest Abe

Threads
Just got a 2023 ariens 918005 zero turn. The hour meter does not work. Contacted ariens and was told to call the store where I purchased from. They asked if I bought their extended warranty. I said no. They said they said they can't help. Contact ariens.
when you say "just got", ? ? How long ago..., did the hour meter register any hours at all; and if so, what is it showing? If your dealer gave you that bs response I'd load the thing up and take it right back to them, since you can probably expect that same kind of service on anything else.....

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Considering it less than a year old then they have a problem; unless, you are using it commercially which the warranty period then changes a little. But either way I would be contacting BBB and file a complaint against the dealer you brought the mower from.

Glades Cat

Threads
I bought an Ariens Ikon 52” last year and it Arrived with a cracked cup holder. I registered the mower as soon as I got it. I called Ariens customer service and the nice lady looked up my mower and said, “no problem, we’ll send a new one”.
Did you register the mower when you bought it?

G-Rex

Forum Newbie
Threads
when you say "just got", ? ? How long ago..., did the hour meter register any hours at all; and if so, what is it showing? If your dealer gave you that bs response I'd load the thing up and take it right back to them, since you can probably expect that same kind of service on anything else.....
Just got it less than 10 days ago.

Cb83

Threads
I bought an Ariens Ikon 52” last year and it Arrived with a cracked cup holder. I registered the mower as soon as I got it. I called Ariens customer service and the nice lady looked up my mower and said, “no problem, we’ll send a new one”.
Did you register the mower when you bought it?
That's crazy, lowes put mine together wrong. I had multiple problems and they just said lowes was to blame. Put my seat on wrong, so I was sitting on the engine shroud the first couple hours. Foot pedal for deck lift backwards. Also the "roll bar" was bent so one of the screws isn't in there. It freely moves back and forth and squeeks.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
That's crazy, lowes put mine together wrong. I had multiple problems and they just said lowes was to blame. Put my seat on wrong, so I was sitting on the engine shroud the first couple hours. Foot pedal for deck lift backwards. Also the "roll bar" was bent so one of the screws isn't in there. It freely moves back and forth and squeeks.
Worst case scenario, buy a new hour meter, install, and go back to dealer with a bill for part and labor. Depending upon they react, find another dealer for future service and leave a negative review on their website.