honda self propelled hit stump

Rickhise

Forum Newbie
Threads
Neighbor gave me his Honda self propelled he purchased it new about 3 years ago.
Typical less than an acre a lot he mowed moderately used but .....but he hit a stump

Thus at start up which is 1 pull
Runs horribly runs rough with vibration engage the blade and it smooths out.
This is all he told me. So if the issue is the worst which I assume is a bent shaft the blade attaches too
For a free mowing machine do I come out ahead going to my local neighborhood fixer who spends his spring cleaning carbs, replacing wheels pull ropes an detailed repairs.

Your thoughts with very little info Modle numbers etc

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Neighbor gave me his Honda self propelled he purchased it new about 3 years ago.
Typical less than an acre a lot he mowed moderately used but .....but he hit a stump

Thus at start up which is 1 pull
Runs horribly runs rough with vibration engage the blade and it smooths out.
This is all he told me. So if the issue is the worst which I assume is a bent shaft the blade attaches too
For a free mowing machine do I come out ahead going to my local neighborhood fixer who spends his spring cleaning carbs, replacing wheels pull ropes an detailed repairs.

Your thoughts with very little info Modle numbers etc

The engine is likely a GCV-series motor, which is a diagonally-split block design. It does not have a traditional cylinder head and block, but features an internal timing belt. With a bent crankshaft, repair cost of parts and time are usually not a good economical choice. But, if you have plenty of time, a few tools and a little talent, it is not a hard job to replace the damaged parts. Not a bad choice as the mower was free.

Resources:

Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on Amazon

Honda Power Equipment, Engines and Marine Factory Parts Lookup

Google any Honda part number to find a Honda Dealer selling it online, or use this link to find a Honda Dealer in your area: Find A Honda Dealer