Honda Opinions Wanted

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never used the choke. with throttle set on high I turn it over once then throttle to low and it cranks every time. This surging just started today, never done it before. I was hoping it might be a common problem with an easy quick fix. I'll check it out more tomorrow and post again. Thanks

Then my last guess before I say start a new thread is the coil could be going out if you know how to check spark check for spark as soon as it dies. If no spark replace coil with correct air gap

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check your gas cap vent. As soon as it starts to act up take the cap off if it start running better then clean the vent on the cap. If it does not make it run better then I would check for spark as soon as it shuts off. That means carry a spark plug wrench with you. If you do not know how to check for spark let us know.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello Robert, I saw a thread where you gave a guy some good advise that solved a problem he was having with his Honda mower. I also have a problem with my Honda Harmony 2013 rider. It starts right up, cuts for 5 minutes, starts surging, dies out and won't restart for 15 minutes. It then starts easily and repeats the same sequence over again no matter if blades engaged or where the throttle is set. I can not keep it running once the surging starts. My mower is in like new condition and this has just started with no problems ever before. I am a retired a/c mechanic and I have tools galore but no knowledge of how to fix this kind of mower problem. Would you be so kind as to guide me to a successful solution. Thanks in advance, Bill

Surging is often a fuel/air delivery problem. As others have suggested, when it stops running again, do a spark check to confirm it's not a coil or spark issue first.

I would suggest replacing the carburetor (about $80 list price) unless you feel confident enough to properly disassemble and completely clean the old one. If you'll get me the frame serial number off the tractor, I can get you the exact part number for the carb (and gaskets). Swapping out the carburetor is straightforward:

h2013carbrampr_zps11693ed6.jpg

acbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Surging is often a fuel/air delivery problem. As others have suggested, when it stops running again, do a spark check to confirm it's not a coil or spark issue first.

I would suggest replacing the carburetor (about $80 list price) unless you feel confident enough to properly disassemble and completely clean the old one. If you'll get me the frame serial number off the tractor, I can get you the exact part number for the carb (and gaskets). Swapping out the carburetor is straightforward:

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. You were exactly right it was a fuel/air delivery problem. The air filter was the culprit. I took my air compressor and blew it out and now the surging is no more. I also ordered a new air filter to keep on hand as I will need a replacement down the road. I really like my Honda Harmony 2013 rider it's the best built rider I have ever owned. I cut 4 acres of grass all year round in Florida and it has never had a serious problem in all the years I have owned it. Thanks for your help, this forum is great. Bill

acbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. You were exactly right it was a fuel/air delivery problem. The air filter was the culprit. I took my air compressor and blew it out and now the surging is no more. I also ordered a new air filter to keep on hand as I will need a replacement down the road. I really like my Honda Harmony 2013 rider it's the best built rider I have ever owned. I cut 4 acres of grass all year round in Florida and it has never had a serious problem in all the years I have owned it. Thanks for your help, this forum is great. Bill

Simmon44

Forum Newbie
Threads
Honda's HRX series leads the way in advanced mower engineering with the Revolutionary Versamow System,it's bag, mulch, discharge, and shred leaves - or any combination - with no tools or attachments needed. And many other outdoor power devices also use the series engine, strong power, low noise.

tybilly

Threads
ive never owned a Honda mower,but I did have the tiller,and it Rocked,quiet lots of power,turned clay into powder