honda MOWER

mackg4

Forum Newbie
Threads
MY HONDA MOWER DOESNT PICK UP GRASS,IT LEAVES A TRAIL ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MOWER AFTER MOWING,I HAVE TWO OF THE SAME KIND OF MOWER AND THE OTHER ONE DONT HAVE SAME PROBLEM

ThaxtexGM

Threads
1. Clean the deck.

2. Get a new blade.

3. Is the engine running at the right speed?

mackg4

Forum Newbie
Threads
ill try new blades,deck is clean engine is runnin at right speed,thanks for your help

Threads
it is a hrc216

OK. Without knowing the serial number and looking up specific details (that's Robert@Honda's job), I can tell you that just IN GENERAL (from a manual) you can have problems similar to the ones you are experiencing when....

• The engine speed is too low.
  • The mower is going too fast for the conditions.
  • Cutting adjustments are not level.
  • The grass bag is overflowed.
  • The chute is clogged.
  • The blades are dull.
  • The wrong blades are on the mower.

Do you think any of those is the reason?

Can you go into more detail? Are you trying to bag? Does ANYTHING get into the bag?

ThaxtexGM

Threads
Hi Try having the back up one click higher than the fount, this will increase the air flow.
Also clean the gasbag lack oh air glow thought the bag will do this as well.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
MY HONDA MOWER DOESNT PICK UP GRASS,IT LEAVES A TRAIL ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MOWER AFTER MOWING,I HAVE TWO OF THE SAME KIND OF MOWER AND THE OTHER ONE DONT HAVE SAME PROBLEM

On the back of the mower deck is the frame serial number, in the form of MXXX-1234567.

1. Has it always had this problem?
2. Are your other two HRC exactly the same, precise model?
3. Describe your mowing pattern. Up-n-Down stripes, round-n-round until you get to the middle, etc.?
4. Are you bagging, discharging clippings, or mulching?
5. Is the mower 100% stock with original Honda blades? *ANY* modifications at all?
6. Borrow or use a tachometer to correctly measure engine speed; what is it when the blades are engaged?
7. Do you mow in the same pattern / lawns with the problem mower as you do with the other Honda mowers?
8. Is the grass tall/short, wet/damp/dry, what kind of grass (bermuda, fescue, rye)?
9. Using BOTH OEM blades, or just one? Which one?
10. Anyway you can post photos of the lawn AND the underside of the mower deck?
11. Look close, and each of the two blades has a part number stamped; can you tell me what they are? XXXXX-XXX-XXX