Honda HRX217HYA Grass Bag

HONDA-GUY

Threads
Yes, you can convert any late-model GCV engine to use the 2-stage GSV air filter. I've done it on my HRX, and if you are operating in a dusty environment, or just want that extra layer of filtration, it is an inexpensive upgrade.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the air cleaner conversion affects warranty at all? I guess my only concern would be I'm only using mower for residential use, should I ever need warranty repair for anything, would the dealer assume it's being used commercially as the air filter has been converted? Are there other signs a dealer looks for with regards to if it's being used commercially ?

Thanks

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the air cleaner conversion affects warranty at all? I guess my only concern would be I'm only using mower for residential use, should I ever need warranty repair for anything, would the dealer assume it's being used commercially as the air filter has been converted? Are there other signs a dealer looks for with regards to if it's being used commercially ?

Thanks

Using commercial parts on a residential mower won't change the classification or warranty status of your mower with Honda. If it was registered as a homeowner unit, and the dealer has no reason to believe you are using it for-hire, the warranty terms for homeowner will remain active. You'd need to show up at the dealer and pull the mower off a truck that says "Ed's Lawn Service" and the mower would have to look quite beat up for the dealer to suspect it was not being used by a homeowner.

That said, if you installed the commercial parts (air filters) incorrectly, and this somehow allowed dirt to be ingested, causing rapid engine wear, repairs would not be covered under warranty.