Honda HRA216

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, the mower is older than the active database on Honda's systems. I tried looking it up too, and it was a dead end. The MACR prefix is not an active (or less than 10 year old) model. Probably the only record of when that specific mower was actually assembled is in a logbook stashed away in a storeroom at the Swepsonville factory.

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

Hmmm...I called that custmer service phone number, and the fellow who answered said it wasn't a number he had information for. The MACR threw him off.

king_qong

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Rob and Bndbrn1 for your help. I guess I should stop chasing this up. The information you guys have provided is good enough. It just too old. I've attached a picture of the old beast. It still runs very well, there's just alot of rust. I would like to restore it one day.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 30

bwdbrn1

Threads
Yes, the mower is older than the active database on Honda's systems. I tried looking it up too, and it was a dead end. The MACR prefix is not an active (or less than 10 year old) model. Probably the only record of when that specific mower was actually assembled is in a logbook stashed away in a storeroom at the Swepsonville factory.

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

Well shucks, guess I won't bother checking on my HR214s then, but I'd be up for a road trip out to Swepsonville to check the archives.:rolleyes:

That looks like it would be great to restore king_qong.

djmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey there,
I'm a newbie here so I apologize in advance if I tread on another's turf and will try to step lightly. Bad puns aside, it looks like you may have a Japanese made HRA216. Your post doesn't indicate if yours is an SXA so this info may be bunk. I doubt you'll find a build date on this one but if I may ask the significance?

Re the mower, unless it's completely beyond hope, sink some cash into it and you'll have this machine for life. Read on at your peril.

Back in the day I had a turf and landscape company and used this model exclusively because they're simply bada$$ machines. After going through other "commercial" grade mowers, I bought the first one in 1990 and had a "fleet" of 10 by the start of the 1993 season. I ran them until I sold the firm in 2005. They've since been "semi-retired." Best money I've ever spent.

The only equipment I refused to include in the sale of the company were these mowers. My lead guys each got one with the others going to family and a couple others who could appreciate what a great piece of machinery it is. 8 of them, soon to be 9 are still running strong. It's going to need a carb, some brazing on the lower handle and a good cleanup. I'll post pics of the refurb'd unit once it's done. The final one just couldn't stand up to getting run over by a pickup (mine).

Thanks for allowing me this trip down amnesia lane. Hopefully I've done it right and you can follow the links. One shows the MACR # break and if I read that correctly yours is a Japanese model. I'm not affiliated with this parts house whatsoever. I've simply found them to be the cheapest of any that I've sourced.

Take care and thanks again for humoring me.

Dave

Here's what I saw:
HRA216 SXA LAWN MOWER, JPN, VIN# MACR-3000001
HRA216 SXA LAWN MOWER, USA,VIN# MACR-5000001

OEM Parts
Click on "Select Model" and it should take you to the application page where I found the above.

Honda Parts

earthworm

Threads
I wish I could say that the Honda is the Cadillac of mowers, I cannot...Cadillac is not the standard of the world. it may have been at one time...
They are not perfect....(Hondas)
I tried one about 6 years ago and had to return it and replace her with a LawnBoy 10685...one excellent mower.
Honda makes a machine to last a very long time, but after 10-15 years, they "cut-off" service.
This , IMO, is foolish...a shabby way to treat something generally so very well built.