Honda HR214 self propel stopped working

cwtex04

Threads
I have a HR215 that has the 3 speed and it has been flawless since I bought it in 89 . I did take it in for the first time this spring to have a full tune up done . They changed throttle cable which had stretched over the years and wouldn’t run unless it was in full choke. Hopefully yours is something simple these mowers are almost bulletproof. I thought I was paying a lot back in 89 but looking back it was a bargain. To bad Honda is not going to build mowers anymore.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a HR215 that has the 3 speed and it has been flawless since I bought it in 89 . I did take it in for the first time this spring to have a full tune up done . They changed throttle cable which had stretched over the years and wouldn’t run unless it was in full choke. Hopefully yours is something simple these mowers are almost bulletproof. I thought I was paying a lot back in 89 but looking back it was a bargain. To bad Honda is not going to build mowers anymore.
They do not stretch
Because they run under the prop shaft cover you get a sump there that water accumulates in and eventually rusts the inner onto the outer

cwtex04

Threads
They do not stretch
Because they run under the prop shaft cover you get a sump there that water accumulates in and eventually rusts the inner onto the outer
Ok I understand what your saying but that’s not the case for mine . Cable wasn’t rusted , when the old cable was payed out beside the new cable it was slightly longer . I tried adjusting it without any luck . That’s why I took it to the shop that works on Honda mowers. They did what they call a tuneup which consists of oil/filter change , spark plug, air filter, valve adjustment, new throttle cable and new blade . Also cleaned fuel bowl with new gasket and cleaned mower . All for 135 , plus gave me all the old parts . I had done most of it myself so it was done again.