Engine Honda GC 160 Horizontal Shaft engine

dawgn86

Threads
Hi

can someone please post a picture of how the anti surge spring should be mounted to the throttle control on the carb and then to the governor arm?

Thanks

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi

can someone please post a picture of how the anti surge spring should be mounted to the throttle control on the carb and then to the governor arm?

Thanks

There are dozens and dozens of "flavors" of this engine; if you can share the serial number off the side of the engine block, I can find the exact drawings that will help.
The serial number is in the form of "GXXX-1234567" or "GXXXX-1234567" and may be laser-etched and hard to read with out a flashlight. Look close:
gc160snlocation_zps1eb07e0a.jpg

In general, for most types, the Throttle Return Spring has a short and long end. The short end goes to the small hole in the governor arm. The long end goes to the small hole in the throttle arm.
FYI, there is also the solid Governor Rod. It connects to the same parts, but into the larger holes:
throttlereturnspring_zps800ad3bc.jpg

dawgn86

Threads
There are dozens and dozens of "flavors" of this engine; if you can share the serial number off the side of the engine block, I can find the exact drawings that will help.
The serial number is in the form of "GXXX-1234567" or "GXXXX-1234567" and may be laser-etched and hard to read with out a flashlight. Look close:
gc160snlocation_zps1eb07e0a.jpg

In general, for most types, the Throttle Return Spring has a short and long end. The short end goes to the small hole in the governor arm. The long end goes to the small hole in the throttle arm.
FYI, there is also the solid Governor Rod. It connects to the same parts, but into the larger holes:
throttlereturnspring_zps800ad3bc.jpg

I remember which hole on the throttle, but which hole does the spring connect to on the governor arm?

Thanks

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I remember which hole on the throttle, but which hole does the spring connect to on the governor arm?

Thanks

SHORT end of the spring goes into the SMALL hole at the tip of the governor arm.