Honda 535 bogging down

Asfastasfcuk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hiya, I'm after a little help please, I've just purchased a Honda 535 self propelled mower and I'm having a bit of running problem.

Whats happening is the mower starts ok but when you engage the blade drive after say between 10 and 30 seconds it just bogs down and the engine stalls.

Any ideas would be a great help....

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
If doing this from cold then give it chance to warm up. They require a good minute to get going.

If doing it all the time then could be the carb requiring an overhaul.

You can also try starting engine then put throttle lever back onto a little choke and engage clutch. Once clutch engaged return lever to off choke.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hiya, I'm after a little help please, I've just purchased a Honda 535 self propelled mower and I'm having a bit of running problem.

Whats happening is the mower starts ok but when you engage the blade drive after say between 10 and 30 seconds it just bogs down and the engine stalls.

Any ideas would be a great help....

(1) Make sure the throttle is always set to FAST before engaging the blade. Be sure NOT to engage the self-propel at the same time as engaging the blades.
(2) Don't engage the blade when the mower is in thick grass.
(3) Be sure the height adjusters are set correctly (front and back)
(4) Be sure the blade(s) are in good condition
(5) Have a dealer check the engine speed with a tachometer to verify the engine is turning at the proper speed when the blades are engaged.