Repairs Honda 18hp

dq72

Threads
Hi all, this is my first post. I've searched on here with no luck. I've got an 18hp Honda v-twin on a Land Pride Z-Turn that has no fire. One coil has been replaced, all electrical connections cleaned, new battery. It will crank but nothing else. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, David.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi all, this is my first post. I've searched on here with no luck. I've got an 18hp Honda v-twin on a Land Pride Z-Turn that has no fire. One coil has been replaced, all electrical connections cleaned, new battery. It will crank but nothing else. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, David.

Stamped into the engine block is a serial number; should be 4-5 letters followed by 7 digits. If you'll get me that number, I can look up service information for you.

dq72

Threads
Ok, I'll look for it in the morning amd let you know. Thanks, David.

dq72

Threads
Hello Robert, here is the info your needing. GJAC-2003087

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here are a few pages from the shop manual and a service bulletin (spark plug fouling) to get you started.

Tip: when buying parts, be sure to have that serial number available. The parts clerk needs it to get to the correct parts listing for the engine. Parts used on the GXV610 engines vary depending on the serial number.

You can buy a full 90-page printed shop manual direct from Honda on their eBay store, $35/free shipping, and free updates for 3 years; here's the link:

Honda GXV610K1 Shop Manual on eBay

Attachments

• component locations gxv610.pdf
    52.5 KB · Views: 9
  • disassembly gxv610.pdf
    130.3 KB · Views: 8
  • spark plug fouling service bulletin.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 15
  • troubleshooting 1 gxv610.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 18
  • troubleshooting 2 gxv610.pdf
    40.9 KB · Views: 11

dq72

Threads
Hi Robert, Just wanted to thank you for the info you provided, it was very helpful. I replaced both coils and it fired right up. I appreciate the help. David..

Threads
Hi Robert, Just wanted to thank you for the info you provided, it was very helpful. I replaced both coils and it fired right up. I appreciate the help. David..

I'm glad you fixed your problem! :thumbsup::smile: