Hello all and thanks in advance for your help.
I have a 2004 Craftsman LT2000 mower with a Honda GXV530-EXA2 motor that will not start or restart without being put on a charger. I've had the battery (1 yr old) tested and it is good. Suggestions?
Steve
Try another battery to confirm.
Inspect the battery cables at all ends and be sure the connections are clean and tight.
So it starts just fine after the battery has been charged?
One more piece of info to share . . . The charger indicates that battery is nearly fully charged, but the meter on the mower drops to zero when the ignition is turned on.
Sure sounds like the battery to me. While the tester might show it to be "good," the engine/starter does not share that opinion. :smile:
I would for sure try a new battery at this point, as it would absolutely indicate if the issue was with the battery or something on the engine.
I jumped it with my truck this morning and it started right up. Bought a new battery . . . No start.
Stand by. New battery not fully charged.