Hibernation is about over.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I just added a Yamaha Rhino to the mix this morning. Engine block threads for the oil drain plug are gone, and had plumbers tape holding it in. Supposedly engine was rebuild 3 months ago due to a lack of lubrication failure causing engine damage.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would run from that one as fast as i could. I doubt a simple heli coil will fix it. Soooooooo....... when the "mechanic" rebuilt the oil starved engine he didn't notice the stripped drain plug? Did he do the plumber's tape? Red flag?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would run from that one as fast as i could. I doubt a simple heli coil will fix it. Soooooooo....... when the "mechanic" rebuilt the oil starved engine he didn't notice the stripped drain plug? Did he do the plumber's tape? Red flag?
Oh, I have more questions than answers at this point, and have a very bad feeling I will be seeing this one again with a 4 figure repair bill. The repair was supposedly done by a local offroad repair shop. My neighbor purchased it and now is probably going to regret spending the money. So I am thinking either the owner stripped it out prior to unloading it on my neighbor, or the invoice that I saw for the repairs was fake.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depends how clearance you have on the back side of the drain hole. There is options available to repair it. One is to enlarge the 14mm hole to 15mm using the following kit.

15mm Resize kit.

Now of course IL didnt spec which Rhino he has on hand. Here I am working a 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660 [Japan version]. Someone claimed to have rebuilt the carburetor. Definitely wasn't done as jets were loose and one was completely out laying in the fuel bowl plus the gaskets were all dry rotted.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Depends how clearance you have on the back side of the drain hole. There is options available to repair it. One is to enlarge the 14mm hole to 15mm using the following kit.

15mm Resize kit.

Now of course IL didnt spec which Rhino he has on hand. Here I am working a 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660 [Japan version]. Someone claimed to have rebuilt the carburetor. Definitely wasn't done as jets were loose and one was completely out laying in the fuel bowl plus the gaskets were all dry rotted.
09 Yamaha Rhino 700 FI.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well that drain plug is a 14mm.

And I just found out Yamaha is just a bad as Kawasaki small engines where you got to order every individual part. I just order a fuel sender and Yamaha didn't include the gasket. Bummer. They know darn well you need the gasket too when changing out the sending unit.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well that drain plug is a 14mm.

And I just found out Yamaha is just a bad as Kawasaki small engines where you got to order every individual part. I just order a fuel sender and Yamaha didn't include the gasket. Bummer. They know darn well you need the gasket too when changing out the sending unit.
Gotcha!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The local JD dealer wants to hire me at a wage that is a bit of an insult. I offered to work as an hourly contractor for $30 an hour while the dealership charges $98 an hour. No benefits or other withholdings for me. They would make $70 an hour plus have a flunky to wash equipment, change oil and sharpen blades. I have no illusion as what jobs the temp new guy would be doing. The owner thought that was crazy. I am better off in the long run just doing my own thing. The dealer is already backed up 4 weeks.
I bought the repair run from a retired marine engineer who used to take in the overflow from the local mower shop ( now closed due to messy divorce ) .
He used to do the entire job, start to finish including buying the parts then hand it back to the shop
He also drank at the local & one day he got hauled over the coals by some one who was unhappy about the price the mower shop charged for the repair.
They just copped out & said it was what they had been charged.
The actual charge was $ 350
The mower shop charged $ 940 so he set off on his own.
An yes the mower shops around here will not take on apprentices because they can not sack them in winter when there is no work, they they bitch because they can not find tradesmen to work in the service department .
They demand that you put in at least 7 billable hours a day , won't pay overtime , expect you to supply all of your own tools, including all of the unique special tools then wonder why the workers leave & set themselves up as independents and on top of that the hourly rate is minimum basic wage $ 12 - $ 15 /Hr and the shop charges out at $ 120 - $ 200 / hour .
I get asked all the time come & work for the shops & they can not understand why I refuse when there is no benefit to me other than being able to access the dealer network knowledge base
And on top of that I am supposed to get myself accredited with Kohler ( already am ) Briggs ( Costs $ 2500 ) & Kawakasi ( costs $ 1300 ) and keep it current on my own time but they did offer me $ 20 / hr as a sub contractor ( no holiday pay or sick pay or superannuation ) which means I would have to use my own public liability insurance ( $ 3000 )

clarkie68

Threads
Water intake daily recommendation for a man is like 96 oz. That's what my DR said is best.
Bro I am drinking water like I can get high on it, My friends are telling me that like this my organs would have drowned till now!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: