Hibernation is about over.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
My newest project just arrived today. A Cub Cadet Tank that customer claimed just quit while mowing. Hasn't been run in three years, and parts are missing, The HD air cleaner housing is loose from the engine, Blower housing bolts loose or missing, and extra wires added to the wiring system that either go to no where or just dangling to get wrapped into things and short out the system. The wire bolt on the starter has a crack in the plastic isolator at the starter housing which most likely means that they have twisted the brush connector.
The latest CC Tank update. One of the starter mounting bolts is missing, the key switch terminals are corroded and the 5 pin connector for the key switch has two melted terminals. And the next item on the list is a Southland string trimmer with delicious smelling gas, and a carb bowl with flavor chips. The Generac pressure washer that rounds off the festivities has evidence of water freezing in the pump.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never a dull moment.. And IDK why folks don't remember the pressure washer pumps..

Friend fired his up just to make sure it was able to run. BUT it locked up. I asked did you hook up the hose to it & get a flow first.. NOPE.
So that needs a new pump, if he can even find one..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got restricted from Facebook (again). So I haven't been able to advertise.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I got restricted from Facebook (again). So I haven't been able to advertise.
I have been fighting too many redirect errors for close to 2 years with facebook, and now they are considering my login a grey account and will deactivate the account on May 2nd. I am basically done with Facebook myself

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I am a social outcast...No Facebook, Twitter, or other sites like them, just forums like this one. I don't even have a cell phone any more as they don't work here without a repeater. I might one here so my customers can use their phone here.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have fakebook. Last time i posted was about 2 years ago or so. Funny how people you went to high school with that treated you as a social outcast because you weren't a cool kid but rather the guy always under the hood of a car now wants to friend you. Nah. I am still not cool.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have fakebook. Last time i posted was about 2 years ago or so. Funny how people you went to high school with that treated you as a social outcast because you weren't a cool kid but rather the guy always under the hood of a car now wants to friend you. Nah. I am still not cool.
Probably all their rainy day friends have abandon them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While it does cost actual money one of the cheapest advertising things you can do is to buy a domain name like PTmowTech then use that as your sign in on forums like this.
My business name is Berts Mobile Mower Repairs thus on all mower & small engines sites my screen name is Bertsmobile .
This sort of identifies you as a business to other users.

As for Face Ache buy a really cheap old laptop and use that to set up another Gmail & Face book account.
Face ache use the MAC number as the primary identification so their server knows it is your computer it has connected to.
Then it looks for the cookie or keys that it installs to verify the account once you have set it up .

This stops people who have been banned from opening a new account using a false identity
And I use a false identity so to most groups I am a 101 year old man who lives in a nursing home and is a pensioner .
Thus your account gets tossed into the "No Commercial Potential " and by & large you get almost no spam as you are well & truely outside the parrameters of the advertisers .

Because I do not want to be the next Musk or Besos I have found the best advertising is to give the local primary schools , church groups & charities service vouchers for them to use to raise funds with.
When I was selling refurbished mowers I used to go to the local car boot sale run by a church which costs $ 20 .Usually I could shift at least 3 walk behinds .
Plus a stack of stickers for people to take home ( much better than a business card ) and some flyers to hand out .
I also took a lot of blade carriers with new blades installed ( we use swing back blades ) and they sold like hotcakes .
Even better is most who bought them have become parts customers so I can buy bulk blades and sell them at a 300% mark up while still being cheaper than big box stores.
When I have some spare time ( or it is raining too hard ), I make them up so I can always do an exchange, only $ 10 gross mark up but it means I can buy bulk blades so all of the blade replacements make better mark ups .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My best advertising is my brother in law who runs the euchre games at the local senior citizen center. I gave him a stack of business cards. Gotten lots of customers from him. My second best "sales agent" is a friend that advertises me at his church. Lots of business from there.
Time to go to in and get a cold one. Just finished fighting with some new 13x6x6 4 ply tires. Weird thing is it is a ToyBilt TB30. Cust says never did anything to the front tires. Had one split out the entire sidewall and both tires had tubes in them. Has any of you guys seen a troybilt rider with tubes in the tires from the factory?