Hi - I'm new - please advise on ZTR purchase

Why is there so much hate towards ZTR owners?

If you own a commercial unit it will likely last you your entire life. I put about 60 hours a year on mine. So I figure I'll get 25-30 years out of it. Sounds like a good investment to me.

Keith... I don't thank there is any 'hate' towards ZTR owners... I think if anyone who has not owned one, once justifying the price, especially if they have any obstacles to mow around, would love a well made ZTR...

And your right about a commercial line lasting a lifetime... I have an industrial ZTR I do about 100 hrs a year... it's going to last me a lifetime + :smile:KennyV
 
Its NOT envy. I just figured there was so much hate in the Murray threads, I figured I'd inject a little in one of the precious ZTR threads.

It's not about the hate, though - its called turnabout, and it's fair play.

Sent from my WX445 using LMF
 
But, a microwave oven is useful in almost every circumstance, whereas a ZTR is not....now if they made a little one with a single blade.....then I'd be tempted.....but, they won't sink to the depths of servicing 'common' scum like me.....

They stick to the people with the deep pockets....:biggrin:

So my opinion of them stands. :smile:

I bought my ZTR for only one circumstance too - my yard. Not your yard. Not my neighbors yard. Not my sisters yard. Why is that so hard to understand? For my yard, a ZTR works great. If I had to mow a 10 acre goat pasture, guess what I'd use? Maybe a 1969 Snapper with a fixed deck.

But since I have a 1 acre sodded lawn, why would I want to mow it with a tractor, when I can do it in half the time, go around trees without backing up, using a ZTR and having a blast?

Deep pockets?

Maybe

I could have bought any mower I wanted. I chose this one and I love it.


Toro001.jpg


Toro003.jpg


C6May2009045.jpg
 
Its NOT envy. I just figured there was so much hate in the Murray threads, I figured I'd inject a little in one of the precious ZTR threads.

It's not about the hate, though - its called turnabout, and it's fair play.

Sent from my WX445 using LMF

This is the only thread I've participated in on this site. Why haunt my thread?
 
Well for all you envy types: watch craigslist list in the fall and you'll find a deal in the price range of a new box store LT

Not only that - I decided to follow the advice here and go to a dealer. The local dealer (and they're a big dealer with full service) price was LOWER than Home Depot on my Toro !!!

But you are correct - buying one that's a couple of years old on Craigs list will save you a lot of money. That's a good way to go.
 
need-for-speed said:
This is the only thread I've participated in on this site. Why haunt my thread?

Random chance. Deal with it. I'm making a point here.

Sent from my WX445 using LMF
 
Now I'm at my PC, I can really respond......:biggrin:

I bought my ZTR for only one circumstance too - my yard. Not your yard. Not my neighbors yard. Not my sisters yard. Why is that so hard to understand? For my yard, a ZTR works great. If I had to mow a 10 acre goat pasture, guess what I'd use? Maybe a 1969 Snapper with a fixed deck.
That's nice. I applaud your independance. I really don't care.

But since I have a 1 acre sodded lawn, why would I want to mow it with a tractor, when I can do it in half the time, go around trees without backing up, using a ZTR and having a blast?

Fine. I said whatever floats your boat. Did you actually read what I've written before getting all high and mighty? Before you took offence about YOUR precious thread, did you happen to notice I was nice at the beginning, and right up to the point you get all snippy with me?

If the damned shoe fits, wear it, otherwise, I wasn't talking to you. If you post in a public forum, expect comments - and not everyone is gonna be kissing your obviously well-paid butt. That's just the way it works.

Deep pockets?

Maybe

I could have bought any mower I wanted. I chose this one and I love it.

The pic of the 'Vette........I think we got the point.

How pretentious of me to think you'd be well-to-do..........whatever. Here's a news flash: what I said about ZTR's aint about YOU. I know, that might be hard to swallow, but it's the truth. :smile:

OY VEH!!!!!!!
 
Back
Top