hi every one , I have a cub tank 4 wheel zero turn 2016 .

zero turn

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / hi every one , I have a cub tank 4 wheel zero turn 2016 .
what a piece of junk ! ! I keep breaking the steering cables , I figured out you can not use it as a zero turn you cant put any force on the steering the cables IT WILL BREAK ! Also the throttle cable broke , the choke cables broke , the front wheel bearings came apart , I had to buy a hole new wheel tire set up , it has a hard time turning tractor wants to go straight it been adjusted many times still does it . bottom steering shaft universal joint going bad ,parking break won't hole its been adjusted many times , charging system wire keeps coming apart

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is model number? Can't even look-up the IPL. Sounds like Tank S series. I never seen one here. Only seen a JD Spin Stir which is horrible to steer on hillsides as you got to crab uphill to cut along the hillside.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

look through ZTR manuals for your manual, hope this helps, let us know.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
what a piece of junk ! ! I keep breaking the steering cables , I figured out you can not use it as a zero turn you cant put any force on the steering the cables IT WILL BREAK ! Also the throttle cable broke , the choke cables broke , the front wheel bearings came apart , I had to buy a hole new wheel tire set up , it has a hard time turning tractor wants to go straight it been adjusted many times still does it . bottom steering shaft universal joint going bad ,parking break won't hole its been adjusted many times , charging system wire keeps coming apart
Curious if you store the unit outdoors. That's a lot of cable failures!

zero turn

Forum Newbie
Threads
no , its parked in a in closed trailer . cables break because there low quality . it pulls apart

Lawn Addict
Threads
Local farmer has a 60" Cub Zero w/steering wheel, he swears by that machine.. He said it will climb his hills mowing & no issues slipping.

Lawn Addict
Threads
no , its parked in a in closed trailer . cables break because there low quality . it pulls apart

Maybe humidity is getting to those cables. Does the closed trailer have any venting ?

zero turn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Maybe humidity is getting to those cables. Does the closed trailer have any venting ?
yes , the cables stretch then come apart to much stress on the cables . I was told I need aircraft cables .

zero turn

Forum Newbie
Threads

look through ZTR manuals for your manual, hope this helps, let us know.
I have a dealer taking care of the work. I’ve been there face every time I bring it in .

zero turn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Local farmer has a 60" Cub Zero w/steering wheel, he swears by that machine.. He said it will climb his hills mowing & no issues slipping.
What year mine is 2016 it has cables, you may have the newer model it has a linkage not cables. When it’s not broken down it runs great