Help with my 2013 Snapper 33" riding mower please.

BrokenChef

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member here.

After the passing of my father, I've taken over maintenance for my mom.

I'm having some issues trying to repair this 10 year old Snapper. My dad was a mechanic and kept everything in good shape. I can do basics but I'm def not a mower mechanic. YouTube is my best friend!

My mower:
Snapper 7800932-00
Ser# 2016462692
Engine model# 219807-0001-65

Looking for:

1. Service manual
2. Spark plug gap
3. Help diagnosing starting issues - I think it might be the starter. There is a new battery and it tries to turn over but just stops with a click. After multiple tries, it does finally turn over, and runs fine. But I'm not sure how to diagnose the starter.

I'm replacing the fuel filter and fuel lines as one is dry rotted, so I may as well replace them all.

I rebuilt the carb on this 5-6 years ago with a little assistance from my dad. He had COPD so he could sit there and direct, but couldn't do much else.

It's also flooded every time I try to start it. It didn't used to do this in years past, so I'm not sure what's causing this.

Mom is short on funds with dads SS and pension gone, and I'm disabled so funds are tight and I need to fix this myself, if at all possible.

I'm headed out for some fuel line and a filter, but first need to know the spark plug gap... Can't find this info anywhere. The plug looks fine and I cleaned it up but want to make sure it's gapped correctly.

Next would be locating a service manual.

And then diagnosing/replacing the starter. I've not been able to find a starter in any parts websites, so maybe this engine uses some other electronic starting component? I was thinking the approclx 6" cylindrical component on the back side is the starter, but maybe it's an alternator??? Pic attached.

A service manual sure would help!

Sorry so long, and thanks for any help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240322_133904743.jpg
    IMG_20240322_133904743.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 4

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

BrokenChef

Forum Newbie
Threads

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
New member here.

After the passing of my father, I've taken over maintenance for my mom.

I'm having some issues trying to repair this 10 year old Snapper. My dad was a mechanic and kept everything in good shape. I can do basics but I'm def not a mower mechanic. YouTube is my best friend!

My mower:
Snapper 7800932-00
Ser# 2016462692
Engine model# 219807-0001-65

Looking for:

1. Service manual
2. Spark plug gap
3. Help diagnosing starting issues - I think it might be the starter. There is a new battery and it tries to turn over but just stops with a click. After multiple tries, it does finally turn over, and runs fine. But I'm not sure how to diagnose the starter.

I'm replacing the fuel filter and fuel lines as one is dry rotted, so I may as well replace them all.

I rebuilt the carb on this 5-6 years ago with a little assistance from my dad. He had COPD so he could sit there and direct, but couldn't do much else.

It's also flooded every time I try to start it. It didn't used to do this in years past, so I'm not sure what's causing this.

Mom is short on funds with dads SS and pension gone, and I'm disabled so funds are tight and I need to fix this myself, if at all possible.

I'm headed out for some fuel line and a filter, but first need to know the spark plug gap... Can't find this info anywhere. The plug looks fine and I cleaned it up but want to make sure it's gapped correctly.

Next would be locating a service manual.

And then diagnosing/replacing the starter. I've not been able to find a starter in any parts websites, so maybe this engine uses some other electronic starting component? I was thinking the approclx 6" cylindrical component on the back side is the starter, but maybe it's an alternator??? Pic attached.

A service manual sure would help!

Sorry so long, and thanks for any help!!
On your starter remove the + red cable we see and screw the nut back on . Connect a jumper cable from the battery + to that terminal on the starter . Now connect the - jumper cable to the battery and the other end touch a starter mounting bolt .

BrokenChef

Forum Newbie
Threads
On your starter remove the + red cable we see and screw the nut back on . Connect a jumper cable from the battery + to that terminal on the starter . Now connect the - jumper cable to the battery and the other end touch a starter mounting bolt .
Thanks!!

This info may come in handy one day.

The new solenoid will be here tomorrow, so I should be all set.

I lucked out... Sold some things on Craigslist and the buyer happens to be a small engine mechanic, so he helped me out and determined it's the solenoid.

Most of the parts stores were listing a solenoid with only 3 posts, where mine has 4, but I managed to find the right one on PartsTree, then typed the part number into Amazon.. 2 day shipping, so I'll have it tomorrow.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The information in reply #4 was to test the starter and prevent buying a new starter if that made the engine crank .

BrokenChef

Forum Newbie
Threads
The information in reply #4 was to test the starter and prevent buying a new starter if that made the engine crank .
Gotcha. Already tested that, but can use that method in the future to get it started if the solenoid fails again and I need to get it started before a new one arrives... Or if the starter goes out, then I'll know if it's the starter vs solenoid.

The guy who helped me tested everything with a multimeter and through a visual inspection of the starter... I thought maybe a tooth broke off the starter pinion gear, since it's plastic, but turned out to be just a $25 solenoid.