Help with Hrx217hxa Carb Piece

shacky

Threads
On opening my new carb from repair clinic.com this piece and spring fell out. What are they and where do they go?

shacky

Threads
Looks like this is where my carb broke in shipment.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like this is where my carb broke in shipment.

That is the air/fuel mixture screw. Per EPA regulations, it is designed to be tamper-resistant, so as to not allow a consumer to change the emissions of the engine. Part of this tamper-resistant design is the screw is narrow in one section, and if you try and force it, it will snap off. Legally, the remaining bit of the screw must be drilled / extracted, and a whole new screw installed. That said, the carb should work just fine since you don't need to adjust the screw, so not having the top part (or tension spring) won't change the way the carb operates.

Probably just return the carb to the seller or file a damage claim with the carrier?

shacky

Threads
Thanks Robert! I called and they are sending new one. They didn't ask for this one back so maybe now I have a spare :smile:

I was wondering why the connection between the brass pieces was so narrow. And it looks like it would be impossible to screw it back in place even if it wasn't broken.

shacky

Threads
Since I won't get replacement till Tuesday I decided to go ahead with carb in hand. Works like a charm! Thanks Robert!