Help with Honda HRR-Series Research

briggstoro

Forum Newbie
Threads
As you are still under warranty, best to have a servicing Honda dealer inspect the mower and determine the actual, root problem for the hard starting. Honda issued a Service Bulletin for a defective autochoke and your mower's serial number is in the range of mower that may be affected. Not all mowers in the range have a defective autochoke, nor can I say your mower for sure is having an autochoke problem. But, it is something that should be looked at first when there is a hard starting problem. If it is found to be a factory defect, it will generally be repaired at no charge.

If the actual problem is not a factory defect (for example, old stale fuel, clogged air cleaner, etc.) the dealer can still make repairs, but at your expense. Be sure to authorize any repairs before any work is done on your mower.

Use this link to find a Honda dealer close to your location in New Jersey; just click on MOWERS and SERVICE and enter your ZIP code:

Find A Honda Dealer
Hello : I am taking it to a Honda dealer and service center in Deptford New Jersey tomorrow .It is still under warranty and I hope Honda will do whatever is necessary to repair or replace any defective parts. It does seem to be the carb. I will let everyone know how this go's . Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and time to give a helping hand. I trust Honda will do the right thing.

briggstoro

Forum Newbie
Threads
As you are still under warranty, best to have a servicing Honda dealer inspect the mower and determine the actual, root problem for the hard starting. Honda issued a Service Bulletin for a defective autochoke and your mower's serial number is in the range of mower that may be affected. Not all mowers in the range have a defective autochoke, nor can I say your mower for sure is having an autochoke problem. But, it is something that should be looked at first when there is a hard starting problem. If it is found to be a factory defect, it will generally be repaired at no charge.

If the actual problem is not a factory defect (for example, old stale fuel, clogged air cleaner, etc.) the dealer can still make repairs, but at your expense. Be sure to authorize any repairs before any work is done on your mower.

Use this link to find a Honda dealer close to your location in New Jersey; just click on MOWERS and SERVICE and enter your ZIP code:

Find A Honda Dealer
this afternoon I took my mower to Deptford New Jersey Honda dealer. The man that looked at it tried to start it after I told him about the " extremely hard to start problem " and he had the same results. He then fiddled around with the choke . Then he tried to start it again and it started right up on the first pull. Then he told me he would install a " new larger choke plate " that would remedy this condition at no cost to me. Sounds good to me as long as it works. There shop is one of the best I have ever seen. Thanks again ; Dan. I will let all of you know how it performs at our home when I pick it up.

shornberger

Forum Newbie
Threads
this afternoon I took my mower to Deptford New Jersey Honda dealer. The man that looked at it tried to start it after I told him about the " extremely hard to start problem " and he had the same results. He then fiddled around with the choke . Then he tried to start it again and it started right up on the first pull. Then he told me he would install a " new larger choke plate " that would remedy this condition at no cost to me. Sounds good to me as long as it works. There shop is one of the best I have ever seen. Thanks again ; Dan. I will let all of you know how it performs at our home when I pick it up.

Dan- Any updates here?

Also, has anyone tried converting to a manual choke?

briggstoro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is my update . Depfort Honda said they would order the replacement choke plate form the Honda parts distribution center down south ; so I waited a week and gave them a call . I was told the part hasn't arrived yet ; so I waited another week and called them again ; still no part . Days later I called again and , by now , my lawn is was overdue for a cutting. Feed-up I called the Honda distribution center and informed them of the situation . The representative I spoke to told me she would look into it and call me back with a status report . Sure enough she did . She apologized for Honda and informed me my mower was being repaired as we spoke and I could pick it up later that day . Sense then I haven't had a problem with it . I am glad to have it back . I needed to get more involved than I wanted to but that's what made the difference . Now , only time will tell if this problem surfaces again . The representative at the Honda distribution center did tell me they are aware of the problem with this fault and would be monitoring this model and make all the necessary changes to the auto-choke . Thanks Dan.