Help! Building client base

Threads
I can't see your picture. I agree with what you say. Instead of gluing the cards to a paper, though, all you have to do is make a flyer on a 8.5x11 piece of paper. Leave the bottom 3 inches blank. Make little tabs on the bottom with your number, email, etc., so people can just rip off the tabs and the flyer is always there.

LMmowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Im using my iPod so I can't upload pics.

Email me and I will show you them,
They get alot of compliments.

AND they show up on the board!

Lmyardcare@gmail.com

Threads
We started our business 16 years ago ding the same thing you are doing. However, over the last three years we offered an instant online quote feature to our website and have gotten incredible results. This past spring we gave over 1000 instant estimates and received over 250 new contracts. This greater than $100,000 in new business in just 2 months. This would be a prime opportunity to use an instant online quoting feature to your website. Potential customers can get a quote in seconds and sign up right then and there. Check out Acculawnsystems.com.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
As said before (but expanded on), these are the best ways to advertise (in my opinion):
  • Word-of-Mouth
    This is the best form of advertising. If you do a very good job, people will notice, and they will recommend you to others. Be professional and nice.
  • Flyers
    These are good, too. If a person gets 2 flyers, you want them to choose yours. So make your flyer VERY nice looking.
  • Yard Signs
    These are good to put in your own yard, and also in your clients' lawns (if you do a nice job)!
    Also, make your trailer your billboard. If you have an enclosed trailer you can use the whole side and back to advertise your name. But even if you have an open trailer, you can put your name on the back gate, so people behind you can see it.

Your Yard sign Idea doesn't do well in some locations. Here in my location that's a big no no. Before using flyers and yard signs in sub-divisions you need to check with the Home Owners Association before doing so. Our HOA doesn't allow any type of soliciting, heck we can't even put up a yard sale sign without getting permission.

Mower manic

Threads
Your Yard sign Idea doesn't do well in some locations. Here in my location that's a big no no. Before using flyers and yard signs in sub-divisions you need to check with the Home Owners Association before doing so. Our HOA doesn't allow any type of soliciting, heck we can't even put up a yard sale sign without getting permission.
Great post Ric.
The guy lives in Australia and your telling him what not to do in some sub-division in Florida. What is your problem?
Perhaps you should sharpen your blade:confused2::confused2::eek:

This is good advice, especially using your trailer as advertising...if you have a trailer. More people see your vehicle than anything else..

Word-of-Mouth
This is the best form of advertising. If you do a very good job, people will notice, and they will recommend you to others. Be professional and nice.
Flyers
These are good, too. If a person gets 2 flyers, you want them to choose yours. So make your flyer VERY nice looking.
Yard Signs
These are good to put in your own yard, and also in your clients' lawns (if you do a nice job)!
Also, make your trailer your billboard. If you have an enclosed trailer you can use the whole side and back to advertise your name. But even if you have an open trailer, you can put your name on the back gate, so people behind you can see it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Great post Ric.
The guy lives in Australia and your telling him what not to do in some sub-division in Florida. What is your problem?
Perhaps you should sharpen your blade:confused2::confused2::eek:

This is good advice, especially using your trailer as advertising...if you have a trailer. More people see your vehicle than anything else..

Actually I wasn't responding to the guy in Australia necessarily, I was referring to lawn mower fanatic's post and what I said or was referring to goes for a lot of Home Owners Associations all over the country not just here in Florida and possibly those in Australia also.