Help! Building client base

Threads
Hey guys just wondering the best way to build up a client base. Which form of advertising was the best way to build up ur client base wen u started ur business? Ive tried flyers handing out business cards got nothing now doing ads in newspapers hoping to get more clients. Ive only got a few clients that ive got through word of mouth. Thanks guys

C&R Lawn Care

Threads
The best way I get them is word of mouth and flyers.

I pass out biz. Cards to everyone even when I'm I'n a mall because u never no who going to call!

Threads
Thanks c&r lawn care yeah already do them just hav to wait n keep trying i guess.. Haha yeah was thinking about handing out flyers at the mall entry at the bottom of the escalator lol

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Start in your immediate neighborhood... Let people know you are a part of 'their neighborhood'...
The closer you are to your customer the quicker you can do their job ... and the time you would be driving across town is not very productive... You can spend more time on close jobs insuring that they will be noticeable better than the 'average' job...
Word of mouth still goes a Long way... just remember you are also part of that word of mouth method...

If everyone in your neighborhood is Satisfied with their lawn care it is going to be hard to grow your customer count rapidly...

But your efforts should be concentrated on close to you, or close to other jobs you are already doing...
Good luck and good slow growth is still the best advertising... Don't overlook your Name & contact information ON your vehicles ... and if you can do uniforms do it... become easily recognized...

Trying to figure out Where to place advertising is expensive ...
If you really feel advertising is required to grow...I'd start by looking where your Most successful competition is spending advertising $$... and try to come up with a 'better' add... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey guys just wondering the best way to build up a client base. Which form of advertising was the best way to build up ur client base wen u started ur business? Ive tried flyers handing out business cards got nothing now doing ads in newspapers hoping to get more clients. Ive only got a few clients that ive got through word of mouth. Thanks guys

What seemed to work for me when I first started out was advertising on Craigslist and after I picked up a few clients I used business cards and just left them in the doors of neighboring homes. I found that doing that instead of knocking on doors helped me build my client list.
As kennyV said the job you do for people and word of mouth will be your best advertisement, keep your clients close and cut down on travel time and keep your overhead as low as possible.

Threads
The three ways I get my accounts are word of mouth, do good on every thing you do and it will get you far.

Threads
2 is just when you see neighbors and people around your area just let them know who you are and what you do. And my best is science I'm only 15 I usually ride my lawn mower to my nearby accounts witch gets slot of attention then ill give them a flyer or a card. I also do alsphault seal coating, thatching,and airating and people are always interested to that. Good luck!!!

mowitall.cl

Threads
I offer clients incentive programs and deduct 5-10 dollars of their yard for every new client they get me and simply add it to the new clients quote to cover if they hire me have some clients yards are free they gained me so much put ur clients working for u 10x word of mouth on commission pay win win

Threads
As said before (but expanded on), these are the best ways to advertise (in my opinion):
  • Word-of-Mouth
    This is the best form of advertising. If you do a very good job, people will notice, and they will recommend you to others. Be professional and nice.
  • Flyers
    These are good, too. If a person gets 2 flyers, you want them to choose yours. So make your flyer VERY nice looking.
  • Yard Signs
    These are good to put in your own yard, and also in your clients' lawns (if you do a nice job)!
    Also, make your trailer your billboard. If you have an enclosed trailer you can use the whole side and back to advertise your name. But even if you have an open trailer, you can put your name on the back gate, so people behind you can see it.

LMmowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey there!

Here's some ideas hope there helpful!

(1) make some business cards, Print out cards from
Brightly colored paper, they look nice and are cheap.

(2) take a piece of paper and turn it vertical, print your logos and description on top,
Take your business cards and put a dab of glue stick glue on the side and layer them down the paper, pic attached.

(3) hang the advertisement papers on bulletin boards at grocery stores, thrift stores, and anywhere it's allowed. Put business cards on store counters as well, (ask first).

(4) make little papers and staple your business card to the top.

(5) Give lots of business cards to friends,neighbors,family, and especially Grandma!!

cid:9DBAFE23-9144-4D2B-830C-4BFB8A6E4EB4/photo.JPG

If pic doesn't come in email me for it,

Lmyardcare@gmail.com
Hope it's helpful!

Have a nice day!