Happy mid January to Scag machine owners/operators!!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Troops,
Not much chat in the Scag forum, your machines are either hibernating or running great!! Mine is hibernating with fresh oil, a new air filter, recent lube, new blades and a new collection blower fan. I drained the gas from both tanks, ran the engine out of fuel and removed the battery. I put the anti mice stinkies around the engine as they love to nest around the carb/air filter area. I have other equipment in storage in the same shed. In winter I use the battery in another machine.
Take care everyone and spring is just around the corner over the snow banks!!!!! HaHa!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Boudreaux

Threads
Hi Macki,

As a homeowner cutting just over 3 acres over the last twenty years, I always looked forward to the end of grass cutting season. The mowers I was using where so slow, it took some four plus hours to complete the job, although they did a great job.

Well, that is, until last June of '13 when I purchased the Cheetah. I so much enjoyed using this unit to cut grass, that when the season ended, I actually felt somewhat sad.

AND now it's mid January, I'm literally bursting at the seems. I found myself visiting the Cheetah, just to say hello (LOL).

Tomorrow I think I'll pull it out of the building, crank it up, and let it run for a few minutes. It has not run since the first of October. I have a battery tender on it for 24 hours every month to keep up the battery.

I'm so ready to cut some grass.....

:laughing: :smile: :laughing:

Scagman01a

Threads
Mine is taking a nap too with a float charger.

tigercat

Threads
  • / Happy mid January to Scag machine owners/operators!!
Mine is sleeping in the rear garage. 100% serviced, greased new oil and the battery in on a tender. It was awesome collecting my fall leaves. When I finished my property I cleaned both my neighbors. One guy is very old and I feel sorry for him, and the other has pain after a 2nd knee replacement. Both were all smiles as I drove away.:smile:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I visited my Tiger Cub last Sunday and it got me anxious for spring to get here, but with the snow this week, most of which is frozen solid and was hard pushing, I'll have to wait for a while!!!
With a Harbor Freight, Tractor Supply, and three power equipment dealers nearby, I did a tour Thursday just to keep up my spirits!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Scag dealer was tempting me with a deal on a new Tiger Cat, nice machine with some thoughtful improvements over my Tiger Cub, but having recently repowered it, I'm with it for the duration. I have been thinking about new collection bags, but the stitching I did last spring is still holding well, so I'll go with them this spring.
Mad Mackie in CT waiting for spring to arrive!!!!:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Boudreaux

Threads
Hi Macki,

As a homeowner cutting just over 3 acres over the last twenty years, I always looked forward to the end of grass cutting season. The mowers I was using where so slow, it took some four plus hours to complete the job, although they did a great job.

Well, that is, until last June of '13 when I purchased the Cheetah. I so much enjoyed using this unit to cut grass, that when the season ended, I actually felt somewhat sad.

AND now it's mid January, I'm literally bursting at the seems. I found myself visiting the Cheetah, just to say hello (LOL).

Tomorrow I think I'll pull it out of the building, crank it up, and let it run for a few minutes. It has not run since the first of October. I have a battery tender on it for 24 hours every month to keep up the battery.

I'm so ready to cut some grass.....

:laughing: :smile: :laughing:

Fellas, I gotta tell ya'. I can't ever recall experiencing the anticipation I have been experiencing lately. I visit my Cheetah regularly in my building, knowing very well that Spring is still very far away. "The Cheetah calls my name..."

:smile: :smile: :smile:

60minman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a nice winter...or at least a not too terribly bad winter! Just wanted to say hi and that I am closing in on making the big jump and going from a JD x320 to a 2014 Tiger Cat 52 inch w/kawasaki engine(FX 691V I believe). Now I do realize the Turf Tiger is the tip top of the line....but I only mow my own and occasinally my next door neighbor's yards. So I will be fine with the Big Cat! The JD was ok but it really struggled at times with my 2 acres and the neighbors yards that I would help out with when they needed it.
Anyhow....the deal should go through next week! No more worrying about grass that gets a little too tall. Heck....It can rain all it wants to now! I say....bring it! :licking:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi 60minman,
You will love the Tiger Cat, and with a Kawasaki FX engine, great machine!!! Was at my local Scag dealer last week drooling on a new Tiger Cat, but my Tiger Cub with a new engine will be fine, a B&S 30 HP Professional Turf Series. The Turf Tiger is a fine machine but too big for most of us and the Cheetah is fairly popular, but I prefer pumps and wheel motors to hydrostatic drive and who needs a machine that will do 16 MPH!!! Nothing smooth here in rocky, rooty, hilly New England for a high speed machine!!! My Tiger Cub has a 48" deck, a collection system and a JRCO 46" front mounted dethatcher. I would like to upgrade the seat to the one that a Tiger Cat has, but lots of $$$$$$
As I do selective servicing on power equipment, I have a high respect for the Scag Tiger Cub and Cat machines as they are fairly basic and easy to work on. Scag does a fine job building these machines, no compromises!!!
Enjoy your Tiger Cat!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

tigercat

Threads

I almost bought a big Deere tractor to speed things up here on my land, plus the Craftsman tractor was often breaking down, so I dropped 12,000 and said screw it, why not?

I went from a 46" Craftsman Lawn tractor to a 52" TigerCat. (in my avatar pic). Your going to love that machine! I have a lot of leaves here so I bought mine with the 3 bagger collection system.

In the past I would work nearly 6-8 hours a week (NO BS) with the old tractor bagging leaves. The Scag does it in two.
To cut my yard before (without the bags) using the tractor was 2-3 hrs, now without the bags, 45 minutes. I spend more time trimming with the string trimmer then cutting the lawn with the Scag! Another plus about the Scag over the tractor is the clippings come out so fine and spread out, it doesn't clump the grass so you don't have to re-cut the same areas to make the lawn look better. Even if I skip a week as it could rain for several days, the grass could be a foot long won't make the scag slow down a bit.

Fantastic machine! This fall I blew the engine on the Sears tractor as I was mulching leaves. I thought I could spread the work around some. Yea right. It's OK the TigerCat did it all without the rpm's even dropping. I did repair that B&S and it's running fine again. I think I'll just keep it for pulling the little lawn cart now. Mama still needs her garden planted.. :laughing: