H3011H only runs when starter is engaged

AVB

Threads
When come small engine the term magneto usually refers to ignition coil. What is call an alternator is the stator coil and the flywheel internal magnets. Si if you are to the spinning flywheel then it creates an AC voltage and current which is converted by diodes into DC then feed through a voltage regulator then to rest of the circuit.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you tell me what is Bl here? It looks like a wire that completely bypasses the fuse from the battery to the starter..
View attachment 50596
The Bl wire in my post is th e last wire on the plug to the relay.
I did say "At the relay"

You should be able to poke the probes from your Fluke meter in the back of the plug block to get those readings.
I just ran left to right from the wiring diagram.

AVB

Threads
The Bl wire in my post is th e last wire on the plug to the relay.
I did say "At the relay"

You should be able to poke the probes from your Fluke meter in the back of the plug block to get those readings.
I just ran left to right from the wiring diagram.
Bert, You need to read the whole post and look the snipped image and compare to the whole wiring diagram before responding. He was asking about the starter main lead.

Here I have work on equipment where every wire is the same color; although they are numbered. In this case there are several wires that are black without numbering. Personally I wound have not used for 12v lines but the manufacture is thinking along AC wiring with black being the non ground lead. The Standard Register 2500 forms burster is one; 100 white wires. Another company that use numbered wires is John Deere but they have multiple colored wires used in different circuits.

fordperf

Threads
Havent forgotten about ya'll, I just picked up the mower and brought it back to my garage to start repairs. I plan on:

• replacing the combo relay
  • replacing the rectifier
  • replacing the key switch
  • replacing the fuel filter
  • installing an SAE charge/jump port on the body, so I can leave the battery inside and charge/jump as necessary
  • replacing the blade
  • installing the short discharge chute
IMG_0919a.JPG

fordperf

Threads
It lives!

Replaced the combo relay and the rectifier and she started right up.
IMG_0933b.png

fordperf

Threads
Couldnt get the blade off (needed a breaker bar which I didnt have with me). Next step is replace the fuel filter (not sure where that is, it isnt listed in the shop manual at all) and mount the SAE charge/jump port. Possibly an oil change.

EDIT: didnt replace the key switch since the old one still works. I lost the discharge cute (not the bagging chute) so another one is ordered. 2 blades are on order should be in next week. Maybe clean out the spark arrestor. Other than that, she purrs like a cat, transmission is smooth and strong.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That is why I brought an AirCat 1150 impact. I got tired of having to use pull bar with a 5 ft extension pipe to break free some the blade bolts that run into here by row boating them.

fordperf

Threads
That is why I brought an AirCat 1150 impact. I got tired of having to use pull bar with a 5 ft extension pipe to break free some the blade bolts that run into here by row boating them.
Laying on a cold garage floor trying to whack a 3/8" socket wrench with a small sledge gets old real fast!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
You betcha, i dropped the bucks on a IR Titamium 2135. That and 140psi with 3/8 hose and high flow connectors makes short work of any blade bolt. About a year ago i needed to onsite work on some commercial mowers. Picked up the HF Earthquake 1/2" impact. I must say i am very impress by it. Kinda heavy but it has taken off all blades and whell lugs with little rffort.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Beside you tear up a perfectly good socket wrench, not mention yourself. I try my best to use the correct tools for the job. Probably why I got some 40+ yrs old tools that I still use weekly.

I went with the AirCat due its torque and how quite it is. Definitely needed the hi-flow fitting though. Many of the el cheapo M style fitting are not even the standard size CFM wise.