Gun Background checks

Are you for Gun Background Checks

• Total voters

MowerMike

Threads
As to you question regarding my comment that if they really want to kill a lot of people they could use a bomb, exhibit a Boston is in the news for why... oh yes bombs! This is tragic. Should we outlaw bombs? Oh wait we have!! NBC is reporting(read today in usa today) that an assault rifle was not used in Sandy Hook.

More sophistic logic on your part. The Sandy Hook killer could not easily have gotten or made a bomb, but he had a bunch of guns because his mom foolishly gave them to him. Today's incident in Boston is organized terrorism, and the only thing we don't know yet is whether it is domestic or international. It doesn't impact whether or not there should be background checks or if anyone who wants to carry in public is allowed to do so.

txzrider

Threads
Call it what you want, in colorado the "nutjob" used a bushmaster (ar 15) and had booby trapped his apartment with explosive devices. My point is valid, if they want to, they will find a way. Since criminals will never obey gun laws how will more gun laws help? Dont get me wrong, I agree something needs to be done. The people who go through the exaggerated background checks to get their concealed carry license are not the problem.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
BKBrown,

Yeah...as explained to me by my father-in-law, when we traveled to Maine from TN with our handgun in our "closed/unoccupied" travel trailer we broke the law in almost half the states we passed through(especially New York, which does not recognize any other state's carry permit). Much less the states we stayed in an RV park in where we were in the travel trailer with a loaded handgun and only had a TN carry permit. That stinks!!!!!

P.S.
My apologies for the 9-11 typo...didn't realize it til you pointed it out.
No need for apologies. Many people use 911 or 9-1-1 instead of 9-11.

I notice that I used "vary" instead of "very" - The english language is frustrating at times !
The Founders intended (in the 2nd amendment) that the God given right to protect yourself and family would be guaranteed by The Constitution.
IMHO any law (state or federal) that restricts that right with restrictive gun laws is unconstitutional.
Obviously, convicted felons and criminals should not have those rights as they forfited the right by breaking the laws and becoming criminals.
Anyone who has a state carry permit should have free access to all states with firearms until it is proven that they are a criminal.

okiepc

Threads
No need for apologies. Many people use 911 or 9-1-1 instead of 9-11.

I notice that I used "vary" instead of "very" - The english language is frustrating at times !
The Founders intended (in the 2nd amendment) that the God given right to protect yourself and family would be guaranteed by The Constitution.
IMHO any law (state or federal) that restricts that right with restrictive gun laws is unconstitutional.
Obviously, convicted felons and criminals should not have those rights as they forfited the right by breaking the laws and becoming criminals.
Anyone who has a state carry permit should have free access to all states with firearms until it is proven that they are a criminal.

What he said :thumbsup: enforce the laws we have now on the books

okiepc

Threads
:confused3: I guess we have another item we need to regulate & this will upset a lot of moms around the country, the dreaded :rolleyes: Pressure Cooker!!!!! These were used in the Boston Marathon Bombing the other day according to the FBI Inside a bomb investigation: the hunt for forensic clues - Open Channel. Anyone using a pressure cooker must complete a course & have background checks and obtain a permit to continue using this item. Pffft :thumbdown:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The idiot liberals and progressives just don't get that laws do not stop criminals !
Besides, most of them have their own private or tax paid security (with guns) that normal tax payers can not afford.
What part of "shall not be infringed" is too hard for them to get ????
The founders and framers of The Constitution intended every able bodied man (now woman too) to be on call (part of the militia)
and not only for protection from evil, but also protection from abusive government.

Evil will not be stopped by laws.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the bill for gun background checks was defeated today in the Senate. A victory for all law abiding citizens I feel.
A vote on behalf of protecting our Bill of Rights is a shameful day as declared by our president?
I say a great day today in keeping our freedoms that so many died for us to have and that so many take for granted and will give up so easily.
God bless America.

X-man

Threads
I am for background checks. I'm gonna keep this short, cause I can go on forever about this.

It would be stupid for a gun store to just sell a gun to someone without even knowing his history. You can very easily sell a gun to some nut job that will end up killing someone with it.

At the same time, We should not ban guns. I believe in concealed carry. For example. Let's say I'm a school bus driver. I don't have a gun on me, and some kid hops on my bus with a gun. In the middle of my route, he gets up and starts to shoot everyone on my bus. What the hell am I gonna do? Throw my CB mic at him? If I had a gun, right then and there I can shoot him and end it all, possibly saving everyone's lives including mine.

Again, it would be stupid to ban guns, and yes, there should be background checks.

X-man

Threads
I was listening to Mark Levin one night and I agreed with what he said. When someone breaks into your house, they're not there to say hi to you. They ain't there to have a meal at your house. They're there to possibly kill you. Kill your family. If you don't have a gun, you're screwed.

Guns are meant for protection and hunting. They were not manufactured for murder. To those people who think guns should be banned obviously don't know what the 2nd amendment is.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've been listening to the morning news, MSNBC The Morning Joe show and some others Ranting about 90% of the people in this country wanting Background checks and the polls show it. I just came across a poll that was done in the last few days out of OHIO. The poll question was... Should there be a continued effort to expand Back ground checks on gun sales? 90.92% 2292 votes said NO. 8.73% said YES 220 votes and 9 votes not sure.
13988-gun-background-checks-icon_scratch-png