Gt 5000 with no labels

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you connected an ohmmeter between the coil kill wire and ground and what readings do you get with the key switch in the off, on and actuating and deactivating the seat switch?

I've only checked the ground continuity of the kill wire with the switch on and off. Its grounded either way.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I've only checked the ground continuity of the kill wire with the switch on and off. Its grounded either way.
Is this with the coils disconnected? If so then there is a short in the harness or you have a defective ignition switch. Disconnect both coils and the ignition switch and retest. This would verify if it is the switch or wiring harness. Just remember if the one or both coils are connected when the switch is disconnected you could still get a grounded condition if one of the coils is bad.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ever fell asleep in the feed bin?
No but i was welding on a silo unloader in the middle of summer in a silo. About 100 degrees and sweating like a pig. Soaked my welding gloves and clothes and i went to change rods and the welder set on 150A AC lit my a$$ up for about 10 seconds and literally caused me to pi$$ my pants. Thought i was not going to make it. I had a hard time catching my breath and bro in law said i turned white.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
No but i was welding on a silo unloader in the middle of summer in a silo. About 100 degrees and sweating like a pig. Soaked my welding gloves and clothes and i went to change rods and the welder set on 150A AC lit my a$$ up for about 10 seconds and literally caused me to pi$$ my pants. Thought i was not going to make it. I had a hard time catching my breath and bro in law said i turned white.
yikes

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The silo was full and had to climb the 65 ft ladder on the outside so after i got jacked up by the welder bro in law who was in the silo with me wanted me to go to the hospital but by the time i was physically able to climb down i was somewhat OK.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Battery is coming off so I can access the wires in there. Too many wrong turns and splices in this harness.

The kill wires, from the harness are fine

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was welding on my trailer a few years ago and was changing the rod at got hit with 100 amp DC. The ground clamp was connected to the trailer, so the path of least resistance was through me out of my shoes across the wet ground into the trailer jack 20 feet away. Makes you have second thought rather quickly.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does tend to rather quickly refocus all of your attention. At least you didn't wet yourself.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Battery is coming off so I can access the wires in there. Too many wrong turns and splices in this harness.
Boy I hate when wiring harnesses get hack up. It makes the job 10x harder to get done.

The kill wires, from the harness are fine

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

There was a wire spliced into the white starter (key switch S) going straight to the Solenoid. Some other white wire that just dead ended into the main engine connection. I'm guessing when they do that, it's for an option on the mower that wasn't included. But wired for it in case it was included.

All the wires going to that one connected where cut and sliced back to each other.

I guess some people will cut a wire, just to check it. lol