Grass clippings piling up on deck

Doesn't matter what put definition of good is. It's his that matters. And some yards can easily be cut at 2" and look great depends on a lot of things but golf courses now at 1" and less in some spots

Just curious, most yards I have seen are just about scalped at 2" with brown spots on the verge of coming though so there is nothing wrong with asking how he does it is there?
When I had some time which was scarce and did swing the clubs a little bit, I was at some of those golf courses with the brown coming through on them and at that time never cared to even asked how they mowed it because I was not interested in how they did it, but after seeing decks set low and paying more attention over the past 6 to 7 years now my curiosity is peeked on how some of it is done.
Also I don't need a lesson from you or anyone else telling me it is his property. :thumbsup:
 
I see it all the time people mowing right down to the dirt. Grass is brown and rows of clippings. Takes two weeks for the grass to turn green then they hack it up again.

Would look better if they just used roundup and be done with it
 
Alot of mowers collect grass at the top of deck. My procat does, due to wheels etc, but i just use my leaf blower after every days graft. Job sorted :-)
 
Decks that put grass on top are blowers rather than suckers. It's all in the poor deck enjinring and baffles etc. to get a blower instead of a sucker. Trade your blower off for a sucker. My 84 Murray must be a sucker cause it sucks grass in and blows it out the discharge where it supposed to.
 
Which confirms my theory. Perhaps the bent blade contributed to turning the mower into a blower vs a sucker.

Also I have never used a side discharge on any mower. In years past I used to bag a lot, sometimes every time I cut. What a pain in the arse. Now I mulch 99% of the time. This year I bagged for the first cut of the season, and then once after....

If you have too much clumping grass, you are cutting it too short, which is why I used to bag a lot. To reduce the clumping.
 
Whatever the case, if you have to blow the deck off.. I'd suggest you blow out around the spindles under their pulley covers.. Clippings can accumulate in those areas..

Just saying...
 
Decks that put grass on top are blowers rather than suckers. It's all in the poor deck enjinring and baffles etc. to get a blower instead of a sucker. Trade your blower off for a sucker. My 84 Murray must be a sucker cause it sucks grass in and blows it out the discharge where it supposed to.

:laughing: Thanks for the laugh this morning.
 
Back
Top