Grass clippings piling up on deck

flywindy

Threads
Hello,
I have a Toro mx5060 zt and it piles up the grass clippings on top of the deck! I have adjusted the angle of the deck as the book says and that helped some! Most of the clippings are coming from the front of the deck!
Has anyone else had that problem and would a mulching kit help any?
Thanks,
Flywindy

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
How tall are you cutting? Is it leaving clumps on the lawn? Does it still leave a nice cut?

flywindy

Threads
How tall are you cutting? Is it leaving clumps on the lawn? Does it still leave a nice cut?

I'm cutting about 2 inches tall and it leaves the yard looking great
I tried lowering the front of the deck some more but it was ovious that it was just cutting on the tips of
The blades
I had a Toro 16/42 before this and it did the same thing

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it leaves a nice cut with no clumps I would just leave it alone clean the machine after each use leaf blower or compressed air works best.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The top of my toro deck is always covered with grass. I just blow it off after every yard.

Most of the grass is from the front wheels.
It does not hurt anything do just clean it off after you cut the grass.

Blaine B.

Threads
Is the blade bent perhaps?

I never have much grass coming up on any of my Toro mowers.

But other mowers that had a bent blade may have caused more "lift" of the grass.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the blade bent perhaps?

I never have much grass coming up on any of my Toro mowers.

But other mowers that had a bent blade may have caused more "lift" of the grass.

Doesn't sound like he says it leaves a nice cut

Blaine B.

Threads
Only reason that I mentioned is because the mower I experienced with the bent blade, one end of the blade had a lot more of an angle on it than the other.

It cut really well but shot grass clippings everywhere, including on top of the engine, on top of the deck....everywhere.

It cut well and you couldn't really see the clippings, unless I was in a corner of a fence or something and then all of the clippings would pile up in the corner.

It was odd.

Nwatson99

Threads
I have never seen a mower deck that did not get covered in grass that is one main purpose for a good Stihl leaf blower.
I am curious though, how can you mow almost at a scalp height setting and your yard looks good?

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doesn't matter what put definition of good is. It's his that matters. And some yards can easily be cut at 2" and look great depends on a lot of things but golf courses now at 1" and less in some spots