Gas gauge showing E33

mmoffitt

Threads
You just made the purchase? Call the guy who took your money and tell him to EARN it!!
Let him do the legwork...I would not touch anything on it...It's under Warranty I assume??

65FMS

Forum Newbie
Threads
My first visit to this forum and searching for an answer. I just bought a 2021 Z530M to replace my 15 year old X320. Have only put a couple hours on it but I can already tell that it will cut my mowing time in half, I expect. I mow about 3-4 acres on my place which has a mix of fescue and bermuda grass, etc. Anyway, the fuel/gas gauge alternates showing the hours on the mower and a blinking gas pump icon with E33 on the display. The gas tank was full when I picked it up and by the visual at the front of the tank is now maybe 2/3 full. I asked the numbskulls at the dealer what the E33 meant on the display and not a person there could answer?? Can anyone enlighten me? I see no mention of it in the owners manual.
E33 is saying fuel line blockage. See the dealer as this sounda like the dealer issue

Joed756

Threads
My first visit to this forum and searching for an answer. I just bought a 2021 Z530M to replace my 15 year old X320. Have only put a couple hours on it but I can already tell that it will cut my mowing time in half, I expect. I mow about 3-4 acres on my place which has a mix of fescue and bermuda grass, etc. Anyway, the fuel/gas gauge alternates showing the hours on the mower and a blinking gas pump icon with E33 on the display. The gas tank was full when I picked it up and by the visual at the front of the tank is now maybe 2/3 full. I asked the numbskulls at the dealer what the E33 meant on the display and not a person there could answer?? Can anyone enlighten me? I see no mention of it in the owners manual.
Blinking E33, first count the blinks, it should blink one or more times, pause and again blink 1 or more times. I'm betting that yours will blink three times, pause and blink 3 more times. This is your error code. E33, "E" for error, 33 for 3-3, which, unless you failed to mention a battery issue would be a problem with the sender.

HDSlowride

Forum Newbie
Threads
With some help from a couple very useful hints here and a JD mechanic willing to dig into this...found this in JD technical guides.

Symptom...Hour meter displays E33:
1. Input for electronic fuel gauge may be open, shorted to ground, or intermittent.
2. Fuel level sensor may be disconnected.
3. Fuel gauge wiring may be damaged.
4. Connectors may be loose.
5. Fuel level sender may have failed.

We'll soon be to the bottom of this....will report back anything helpful.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Trouble codes for a fuel gauge? Guess I need to check my valve stem caps for codes LOL. Well I guess these new mowers are priced like cars now.

slomo

HDSlowride

Forum Newbie
Threads
Blinking E33, first count the blinks, it should blink one or more times, pause and again blink 1 or more times. I'm betting that yours will blink three times, pause and blink 3 more times. This is your error code. E33, "E" for error, 33 for 3-3, which, unless you failed to mention a battery issue would be a problem with the sender.
3-3 is a diagnostic code for the 900 series zero turns (maybe others). That's not what this is.

HDSlowride

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dealer found the issue on their D-tech website as shown on post #14. Took it in and they fixed it in short order. Mechanic found that the wiring harness had never been plugged into the sensor.
Factory guy/gal on the assembly line was probably texting somebody as it went by and failed to make the connection. They filled it up with gas to check the gauge function to be correct. All good now. Glad they got to it since I heard the service writer tell someone on the phone they were 2 1/2 weeks behind.
Thanks to everyone that made suggestions.