Gas gauge showing E33

HDSlowride

Forum Newbie
Threads
My first visit to this forum and searching for an answer. I just bought a 2021 Z530M to replace my 15 year old X320. Have only put a couple hours on it but I can already tell that it will cut my mowing time in half, I expect. I mow about 3-4 acres on my place which has a mix of fescue and bermuda grass, etc. Anyway, the fuel/gas gauge alternates showing the hours on the mower and a blinking gas pump icon with E33 on the display. The gas tank was full when I picked it up and by the visual at the front of the tank is now maybe 2/3 full. I asked the numbskulls at the dealer what the E33 meant on the display and not a person there could answer?? Can anyone enlighten me? I see no mention of it in the owners manual.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
My first visit to this forum and searching for an answer. I just bought a 2021 Z530M to replace my 15 year old X320. Have only put a couple hours on it but I can already tell that it will cut my mowing time in half, I expect. I mow about 3-4 acres on my place which has a mix of fescue and bermuda grass, etc. Anyway, the fuel/gas gauge alternates showing the hours on the mower and a blinking gas pump icon with E33 on the display. The gas tank was full when I picked it up and by the visual at the front of the tank is now maybe 2/3 full. I asked the numbskulls at the dealer what the E33 meant on the display and not a person there could answer?? Can anyone enlighten me? I see no mention of it in the owners manual.
I would call Deere direct, and talk to a tech there.

Gumby83

Threads
I’m not too familiar with the zero turns but if the fuel gauge is where the trouble codes are displayed, maybe that’s what it means.

I can’t say for sure this is the correct page for your mower but I did find this on JD’s website. Scroll down to find the code definitions.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some JD zero turn mowers flash a message on the fuel guage when it thinks it has 30 minutes of fuel left. Fill it up and see if the message goes away

HDSlowride

Forum Newbie
Threads
I called the 800 number. Useless. They said I should contact my dealer, about 10 times...each time I told them that I did and they didn't know. Said they weren't technical and had no other information than the website or owners manual. Another 800 number said it had a 48 minute wait time. Dealer told me that trouble codes are four digits. I've already looked at the troubleshooting page and owners manual. The gas tank was full when I picked it up and the E33 message has been there since start up.

geads

Forum Newbie
Threads
E33 is a bade fuel gauge or wiring issue. Remove the two wires; a black and orange wire, there should be 353 on the orange wire. Turn the key to run (no need to start) touch the two wires together, the gauge should go to full. If not the gauge or wiring is the problem. If the gauge goes to full the problem is the sender.