garden way leaf vac

sectlandscaping

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did a late season pressure wash and the customer gave me a lawn vac/blower, chipper. Its a no name brand garden way, I believe it was made by bolens before mtd took over. Anyways its a 4 hp tecumsah. That seems way to weak to blow leaves. How would I know if a bigger engine would fit?

It wouldnt start so I tried to take apart carb but the screws are stripped on one side. I was able to give it a partial cleaning. When I went to put it back together I messed up the gov linkage. When I switch it from off, slow, fast the linkage doesnt move. I didnt disconnect the spring its the part that goes on top and moves the choke that im having trouble with. It would be easier if I could get the carb dissembled.

I found a hole in the primer bulb too. I was able to get it to run for about 10 seconds by putting my finger over the primer but it was put putting. On top of that the thread on the muffler bolts are stripped but I dont see how that will effect operation.

The model # 47021 the engine # tvs115

Attachments

• Image11082011154737.jpg
    Image11082011154737.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 15

benski

Threads
So, that being said, what is it you need? 4 hp should certainly be enough to be a leafblower.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
You could either find a way to get the stripped screws out, and replace the broken parts, or find another engine to put on it.

Swapping the engine is simple really.

Especially if you get another one that has the same hole pattern.

Even if it has a different hole pattern, you can easily cut new holes in the deck to get the motor to fit.

Let us know what you decide to do! :thumbsup:

sectlandscaping

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got the carb apart by putting a socket on the screws. It was pretty clean but I cant figure out how to replace the primer bulb. Theres no clip on the outside and no access on the inside.

I wrapped a wire around the gov linkage and the speed switch and that seemed to work as far as it moving.

Now I still get it running for 5 seconds but now its a high idle. Before it was a slow put put. You think it might be safeties? How would I go about this? Would I just unplug wires or what?

As far as 4hp blower my backpacks are that size. I would like a 6 or 7 hp engine on it eventually. Something like a giant vac or little wonder blower. Ill wait till I see a pressure washer with a broken pump. My understanding is the shafts have to be the same size and thats it?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I....
As far as 4hp blower my backpacks are that size. I would like a 6 or 7 hp engine on it eventually.

If you are going to use the same blower wheel, it wouldn't matter if you put a one hundred HP engine on it...
If the 4 Hp is spinning the blower wheel at its designed RPM, more HP will not cause it to move more air...
A larger blower will.... :smile:KennyV