Garden bounty

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was a fair year to grow tomatoes, terrible year for green peppers, fantastic year for green beans, hot peppers, and butternut squash. The picture shows about half the squash we harvested...total was 107, from EIGHT DOLLARS worth of sets....the little green ones on the table top show their size when they began to grow.

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 16

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks---no squash soup jokes??

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Makes me want some squash pie. Just can't get it down here. They never even heard of it. But they love there nasty grits

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Wow, you did get a good harvest this year! :thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, you did get a good harvest this year! :thumbsup:

Thanks...two years ago we harvested over 1,000 pounds of tomatoes from 30 plants. This year barely a third that much from 24 plants.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was a fair year to grow tomatoes, terrible year for green peppers, fantastic year for green beans, hot peppers, and butternut squash. The picture shows about half the squash we harvested...total was 107, from EIGHT DOLLARS worth of sets....the little green ones on the table top show their size when they began to grow.

Might want to try the dual wheeled wheel barrow....I've got both and recomend the dual wheels.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might want to try the dual wheeled wheel barrow....I've got both and recomend the dual wheels.

Too cheap...lol. Got that barrow 20 years ago for free somebody was getting rid of it becuz tire kept going flat I put in a $5 tube and it has served me well every since. It is probably close to 35 years old by now.

Threads
Good harvest we did ok on tomatoes, red sweet peppers, and bell peppers..

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads

My dad has one - and it is GREAT - especially on heavy loads. You don't have to struggle with keeping it upright, or making the load absolutely even.

My parents had a phenominal garden this year. Peppers and squash were the big winners - along with tomatoes and potatoes and cabbage/brussels. Oh, yeah - and APPLES!!!! TONS of 'em!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

They didn't plant butternuts this year, though. :frown:. I LOVE them! I'd die for a nice, steaming bowl of homemade/homegrown butternut soup!!!!!!!!!