Fuel solenoid new vs. original questions - JD LA150 w/ Briggs Intek

icon2000

Threads
  • / Fuel solenoid new vs. original questions - JD LA150 w/ Briggs Intek
Put a small bolt of the same threads in there. Get a copper flat washer and some teflon tape on the threads. Never have a starting issue again. If you do this, drop the revs down to IDLE before turning off the ignition. Problem solved.

slomo
Agree??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Private users can do this but mower shops can't
Despite them not being manditory in OZ , if one is fitted & I bypass it then $ 5,000 for the first offence , $ 20,000 for the second .
It is called interfearing with a pollution control device .
I do have a box of bowl nuts ( never could understand why a bowl bolt is called a nut , but there is a lot I don't understand ) that I use for the purpose of diagnosing
engine problems & I have had a few instances or the wires coming loose or shorting causing random misfires .

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Private users can do this but mower shops can't
Despite them not being manditory in OZ , if one is fitted & I bypass it then $ 5,000 for the first offence , $ 20,000 for the second .
It is called interfearing with a pollution control device .
I do have a box of bowl nuts ( never could understand why a bowl bolt is called a nut , but there is a lot I don't understand ) that I use for the purpose of diagnosing
engine problems & I have had a few instances or the wires coming loose or shorting causing random misfires .
Legally they can't either. It carries a $3850 per day fine for the end user if caught. The chances of getting caught are about 0 but with the current administration that we have anything is possible. Also if one comes into the shop we are suppose to make it legal before releasing it to the customer at their expense. Carries a $38500 per day fine for the dealer just for having it in the shop.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Plus on some mowers they no longer kill the magneto but use the anti after-fire solenoid to shut down the engine. JD is OEM that doing this on some of their mowers. On those I have added the kill circuit back just as an additional safety device in case the solenoid fails to operate.

Actually understand why the screws are called bolts in the first place. I reckon it just that different industries have their own terminology for items.Anyway they are all fasteners in one way or the other.

Gumby83

Threads
I do have a box of bowl nuts ( never could understand why a bowl bolt is called a nut , but there is a lot I don't understand )

I’m not saying this is the absolute reason for it, but I think it’s because many older carburetors utilized adjustment screws on the bottom of the bowls and would have to be secured with nuts. As technology and designs changed, the screws were replaced with bolts but the term didn’t change with it (whatever the reason).

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m not saying this is the absolute reason for it, but I think it’s because many older carburetors utilized adjustment screws on the bottom of the bowls and would have to be secured with nuts. As technology and designs changed, the screws were replaced with bolts but the term didn’t change with it (whatever the reason).
Sounds reasonable