Front Porch is DEAD DEAD DEAD

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
No Twall, no JMurray, and I am tired of keeping things going maybe somebody else should contribute once in a while. Almost never visit LMF anymore for obvious reasons. How am I going to get to the 2500 post mark without postwhoring unless the rest of you contribute?

Yeah, you know who you are....and do I really NEED 2500 posts....????

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I think LMF not allowing advertising or links in members sig. any longer is why we have noticed a downward slide in participation. Most members were only in the forum for selfish reasons and not here to share experiences or actually help someone for nothing. I feel this forum is in a transition and it will pick back up in the future hopefully. I do miss my link in my sig., that is why I feel the way I do. The forum still interest me though because of its content, so I'll continue to check in and see what's going on.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The change in seasons may have something to do with the drop in posting. I'm still doing a lot of mowing but I live in the South.

I liked the thread on night mowing. That's the best really good one recently.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe you have gave us so much of your knowledge that we have no more problems for you to solve.:thumbsup::laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe you have gave us so much of your knowledge that we have no more problems for you to solve.:thumbsup::laughing:

FP ain't the place for problem solving it's the place for shooting the excrement.....:laughing::laughing:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I won't make any claims about 6' tall grass -- :biggrin:

Who else has had Humming Birds (Hummy Hogs) and have they left your area yet ? Most are gone now from Madison, VA. We have had about 3 dozen all summer and they go through over 10 lbs of sugar a week.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Who else has had Humming Birds (Hummy Hogs) and have they left your area yet ? Most are gone now from Madison, VA. We have had about 3 dozen all summer and they go through over 10 lbs of sugar a week.

Some Yahoo from HillyBilly land is claiming he cuts 70 yards a week with his Crapman and his machine will also cut down 6 foot high grass....I asked him if he cuts 70 square or linear yards. PFFFTTT.....my Deere will mow over 3 foot waist high weeds at maximum RPM but it has to work really hard to do that with a MMM. I tried doing the same thing with my old 318 that had a 50 inch deck, it could handle maybe a two foot width without stalling , at maximum throttle.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
No Twall, no JMurray, and I am tired of keeping things going maybe somebody else should contribute once in a while. Almost never visit LMF anymore for obvious reasons. How am I going to get to the 2500 post mark without postwhoring unless the rest of you contribute?

Yeah, you know who you are....and do I really NEED 2500 posts....????
Sorry about my lack of presence, I've been busy lately with too many things to list.

I vow to be more active in the Front Porch from now on! :thumbsup:

You are right though, without "the three" (myself, Twall, and your good self), the FP is completely dead.

The thread list seems to be:

JDgreen
JDgreen
jmurray01
Twall
Twall
jmurray01
jmurray01
etc...

We need more members posting!

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads

I have them here but I only see them once in a while. There's a pair, and like the other humming birds in these parts, they aren't interested in feeders.
Mine are iridsecent green, and difficult to indentify correctly.
I do have a gopher tortise in the yard this year.
By the way, I was thinking we could start a new thread or forum where we could post pics of the flora and fauna we have in our well kept/mowed yards and gardens.
What do you guys think...might perk up the front porch a bit.....

Muhammad...if your around do you think this would be a good idea or not?

Threads
Some Yahoo from HillyBilly land is claiming he cuts 70 yards a week with his Crapman and his machine will also cut down 6 foot high grass....I asked him if he cuts 70 square or linear yards. PFFFTTT.....my Deere will mow over 3 foot waist high weeds at maximum RPM but it has to work really hard to do that with a MMM. I tried doing the same thing with my old 318 that had a 50 inch deck, it could handle maybe a two foot width without stalling , at maximum throttle.

I have a crapman with a 24hp twin that does pretty good.. Craftsman is a pretty good mower Deere is pretty good too.. But i think i am going to give a commercial unit a try next season. I have been looking at the Cub Tanks anyone have any input on those? What say you yankee??...:laughing:.... Just kidding after the Hillbilly thing i couldnt help myself...:laughing: