Forum keyboard shortcuts?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
twall said:
Accidentally, I was typing and hit ctrl+'i', and the italics code opener/closer popped up, with the cursor between them. BOLD and UNDERLINE do the same (ctrl+b, ctrl+u, respectively)

What are all the 'BB code' keyboard shortcuts for the forum? (also any other forum keyboard shortcuts you may know of)

See how I highlighted one part of my quote, and left the rest, to leave context? A neat, useful trick that'll work on other forums.......:wink:

I could then respond to myself:

They are here

And I'd be lying to myself, because there are no shortcuts on that page....:laughing:

Odd, when I quoted myself later, because I had to manually use the 'quote' open/close tags - that turned my original post into a quote, and turned my response quoting myself into the original post......heady indeed. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Honey

Threads
That would be interesting to know. I like shortcuts, they make things easier to deal with when you are typing along. I'd be interested to know this too.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
BB code is a set of tags based on the HTML language which stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. They allow you to add formatting to your messages in the same way as HTML does, but have a simpler syntax and will never break the layout of the pages you are viewing. When posting messages, if you look across top of the message box you will find Bold, Italic Underline and so on those are your short cuts that are basically available on this forum. Personally I prefer using HTML, there more choices.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
BB code is a set of tags based on the HTML language which stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. They allow you to add formatting to your messages in the same way as HTML does, but have a simpler syntax and will never break the layout of the pages you are viewing. When posting messages, if you look across top of the message box you will find Bold, Italic Underline and so on those are your short cuts that are basically available on this forum. Personally I prefer using HTML, there more choices.

I noticed the opening and closing code tags were as in HTML. But, as far as keyboard shortcuts to get say:

[feature]cursor[/feature] - quickly generated by, say ctrl+f..........

Is there a list for HTML keyboard shortcuts, and are they the same shortcuts whilst using BB code?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you want to see the tags available here go to the bottom of this page in posting permissions you'll see BBcodes is on click on the green BBcode those are the only codes available. HtML would look like this <feature>cursor</feature>

If you would like to see this forum and how it's wrote go to the main Page or front page right click on you mouse then click on view page source and you will see what it looks like in HTML just keep in mind that will only be the front page

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you want to see the tags available here go to the bottom of this page in posting permissions you'll see BBcodes is on click on the green BBcode those are the only codes available. HtML would look like this <feature>cursor</feature>
You are right. I meant the syntax looked simmilar, with the brackets different...(to think I used to be able to hand code HTML............:laughing: How far I've slid....)

[size=+1]HOW EXCELLENT! THANK YOU, RIC!!![/size]

This'll be easier for readers of this thread:

[size=+1]BB CODES HERE[/size]​

There are no keyboard shortcuts in there. But, lots of neat ways to make your posts a lot more interesting!

I've never started a thread in my LIFE worthy of being a sticky......maybe this is it........:eek:[size=-3]maybe not.....[/size]

Quote me, and look in the quotation to see all the codes I used! (Go advanced and preview, don't actually re-post my stuff.......it'll be annoying)

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can't see what you have used as far as the BBcodes I don't have that access , only you and the admin can see that.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can't see what you have used as far as the BBcodes I don't have that access , only you and the admin can see that.

If you 'reply with quote', what you see in the text input window should contain the codes. Have when I've done it....I can see it if someone uses bbcode....and what tags they used by quoting them.